ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit email

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

europehelpme
- thin ice -
New Zealand

EEA Family Permit email

Post by europehelpme » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:05 am

Hi all,

I applied for the EEA family permit recently in Sydney Australia and have received the email in italic below.

Is my only option now to sit and wait for their response?

When can I follow up for an update or escalate for a response?

The home office website says most applications for EEA Family Permits were processed within 30 days in May 2017. Should I wait 30 days before following up?

Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

UK Decision Making Centre

This is an automated message - please do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. UKVI contact details can be found at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Re: EEA Family Permit email

Post by Richard W » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:38 am

europehelpme wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:05 am
I applied for the EEA family permit recently in Sydney Australia and have received the email in italic below.

We can't tell; you have told us very little about the basis of your application.

If you are an Australian citizen not banned from the UK married to an EEA national working full time as an employee in the UK, you could simply have flown to the UK together with evidence of your status (including marriage certificate) and asked to be admitted under the EEA Regulations, as such entry would be your right unless you had married so you could live in the UK. (Marriage with the intention of entering under the UK Immigration Rules should be acceptable according to the letter of the law.) Opinions differ as to whether this is the better option.

On the other hand, if you are applying as a durable partner, then all you can do is go through the ritual of escalation. I don't know whether it has any useful effect, e.g. diverting staff from handling applications under the Immigration Rules to applications under the EEA Regulations. Conceivably escalation might ensure a check that your application is in an active queue.

eeaprneu2

Post by eeaprneu2 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:38 pm

This is a standard response they are currently sending to everyone. I had applied for EEA FP for my sister and had the same email coming to me. Took them over 4 months to make a decision (refused). Spent a lot of money on calling them and emailing, none of which helped.

You can check the current processing times for Sydney, wait out the whole period and then escalate via email (you have to pay for email too). In my case escalation via email and phone didn't do anything, it was a waste of money but might be worth for you, as Pakistan and Australia are not the same after all.

Good luck

Alexkowalski87
Mood:
Bulgaria

Post by Alexkowalski87 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:14 pm

eeaprneu2 wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:38 pm
This is a standard response they are currently sending to everyone. I had applied for EEA FP for my sister and had the same email coming to me. Took them over 4 months to make a decision (refused). Spent a lot of money on calling them and emailing, none of which helped.

You can check the current processing times for Sydney, wait out the whole period and then escalate via email (you have to pay for email too). In my case escalation via email and phone didn't do anything, it was a waste of money but might be worth for you, as Pakistan and Australia are not the same after all.

Good luck
Could you please provide us with the contact details (email & number) of this DMC?

eeaprneu2

Post by eeaprneu2 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:31 am

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:36 am

europehelpme wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:05 am
Hi all,

When can I follow up for an update or escalate for a response?

The home office website says most applications for EEA Family Permits were processed within 30 days in May 2017. Should I wait 30 days before following up?

Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

UK Decision Making Centre

This is an automated message - please do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. UKVI contact details can be found at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk
Why have you registered under a new user name? This isn't permitted under the forum Ts&Cs.
eea-route-applications/residence-card-a ... l#p1512484
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

europehelpme
- thin ice -
New Zealand

Post by europehelpme » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:21 am

I forgot my login details...

europehelpme
- thin ice -
New Zealand

Post by europehelpme » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:23 am

Is there any guidance on how long this could take or maximum time the processing time is before a decision is to be made or could i just be sititng around for eternity waiting for this 6 month visa?

my wife is getting very anxious now and I have two kids who don't have a father with them.

TalitaZ

Post by TalitaZ » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:19 pm

Check the Sheffield Visa thread on this forum, lots of people are dealing with delays on their EEA family permits. According to UKVI website 100% of applications are decided within 30 working days but those are the numbers from May so not sure how accurate they are.

europehelpme
- thin ice -
New Zealand

Post by europehelpme » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:51 am

Has anyone applied in a city with a guide timeframe of 30 days (As at may) and waited longer then this? Seems lots of people are waiting longer than 100+ days but I hope most of these cases are from cities which have 120 day working day timeframes