ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VERY URGENT - Need a quick advise

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ishaanchandra
Newly Registered

VERY URGENT - Need a quick advise

Post by ishaanchandra » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Hi All,

I am on a student visa at the moment which is due to expire the 29th February....

I hv applied for HSMP on the 12th january (which was actually supposed to be sent by my broker, am dealing with, on the 20th December) which is still awaiting decision....

And suddenly, I hv some urgrent travel requirements which have come-up where I have to travel in the first week of March back to India....

And my situation is like, I thought of sending the FLR (S) so far before my visa gets expired and bcoz of the sudden travel to India, I thought of applying for IGS (I hv recently finished my masters from a uk university)

Now, there are no appointments at any of the PEO's before my visa expiry date and I cant send it by post coz of my travel arrangements....

And the biggest problem with me now is, I was been told by the HO, that I cannot make two different applications (1 for HSMP and 1 for IGS) during the same time and there is a chance of my IGS going for a query as my HSMP application is pending in status...

I tried contacting a few solicitors who seems only bothered about their consultation fees, gives me different ideas, where every one of them finally suggest me to apply for IGS and just wait and see how it goes, where the decision will be given to the solicitor then and there (which is the same like same day premium service)....

my question here is, can we apply for IGS still, when there is a pending application on my name for HSMP or not....

Am quickly looking for your suggestions.... thanks very much

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:31 pm

I believe that you can apply for both at the same time, as the IGS is an application for further leave, the HSMP is only an immigration employment document which has no effect on your visa status.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

ishaanchandra
Newly Registered

Post by ishaanchandra » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:38 pm

VictoriaS wrote:I believe that you can apply for both at the same time, as the IGS is an application for further leave, the HSMP is only an immigration employment document which has no effect on your visa status.
Victoria
Thanks for ur response victoria.... but since this morning I spoke to around 7 diff ppl at the HO and 4 at the HSMP enquiry line, and atleast 9 out of 11 told me that no one is stopping me physically in making two applications, but as there is an existing file on my name for HSMP, where then my IGS application wouldnt even be considered at all........

am lot lot confused... coz of various ppl giving me various ideas....

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:58 pm

Yeah, annoying isn't it?

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

ishaanchandra
Newly Registered

Post by ishaanchandra » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:27 pm

VictoriaS wrote:Yeah, annoying isn't it?

Victoria
I spoke to one another solicitor just 2mins ago (immigration free advise solicitor) who told me that HSMP and IGS are not supposed to be made at the same time....

he suggested me to withdraw my HSMP applicatio and apply for the IGS through the solicitor channel.......

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:12 pm

I would be reluctant to withdraw anything at this stage. Why not apply for IGS and just see if they accept it or not? I can't see that there is anything to lose other than the application fee.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

ishaanchandra
Newly Registered

Post by ishaanchandra » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:13 pm

VictoriaS wrote:I would be reluctant to withdraw anything at this stage. Why not apply for IGS and just see if they accept it or not? I can't see that there is anything to lose other than the application fee.

Victoria
dnt know.... hv an appointment with a solicitor at 8.15PM, hv to wait and listen to her and then see how it goes........