ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General VISA and H1B application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

babuRVB
Newly Registered
France

Tier 2 General VISA and H1B application

Post by babuRVB » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:19 pm

Dear All,

I hold Tier 2 General visa and in another 18 months I will be eligible for ILR in UK.
In the mean time I have applied for H1B visa last year and it was picked in the lottery. After some queries petition was approved 2 months back and my H1B sponsor is asking to go for stamping.

My question is if I go for H1B stamping will it have any impact when I go for ILR after 18 months?
Do I need to inform my Tier2 General sponsored company about my H1B VISA.

I am not sure if I need to go for H1B stamping or not. I don't have any plans to go on H1B until I get my British passport. Please let me know the complications I might get from UK embassy during my ILR if I go for H1B stamping .

Thanks for your support.
With Rgds,
Vinod

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 General VISA and H1B application

Post by makky86 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:11 pm

babuRVB wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:19 pm
Dear All,

I hold Tier 2 General visa and in another 18 months I will be eligible for ILR in UK.
In the mean time I have applied for H1B visa last year and it was picked in the lottery. After some queries petition was approved 2 months back and my H1B sponsor is asking to go for stamping.

My question is if I go for H1B stamping will it have any impact when I go for ILR after 18 months?
Do I need to inform my Tier2 General sponsored company about my H1B VISA.

Are you going to work for them from UK? If not then it should not matter if you hav H1B visa stamp or not

I am not sure if I need to go for H1B stamping or not. I don't have any plans to go on H1B until I get my British passport. Please let me know the complications I might get from UK embassy during my ILR if I go for H1B stamping .

see my question above

Thanks for your support.
With Rgds,
Vinod
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Re: Tier 2 General VISA and H1B application

Post by sparkyram » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:20 pm

Its not a problem . You can go ahead with your stamping.

I was in similar situation last year. I am working here on tier 2 Gen and i have got my H1b stamping done in london -US embassy.