ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visitor visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wpp
Newly Registered

visitor visa

Post by wpp » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:32 pm

hi ,
I want to sponsor my parents to come to uk.My mother and sister already have visitied uk once, My dad will come first time now.Reason they are coming hereis : MY brother who is in uk,has his first baby born last week so they comin to see their first grand child.
My question is:
what do i need to send them for application.
They have money in their banks ,so im not sendin my bank statement,
Shall i just write a letter to say i can support them if needed .And do i have to provide proof of accomodation. or just mention that I will be willing to accomodate them. my parents got all their relatives here, so they will be staying different places.
So any advice is welcome,what shall i do.what documents to provide.
I started job two months ago. so i got two payslips for 1800 per month, i want to include them, thanks

t_kaay

Post by t_kaay » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:46 pm

hi, you are best supplying as much information as possible so that they have no reason/excuse to refuse.....cover all the points.....give proof of the birth of the grandchild, show proof of the funds that will be used for the visit, show proof of the accommodation available (a letter from a local estate agent confirming number of bedrooms was enough for me) and most importantly your parents need to show that they are going to return back after their visit.....proof of a job or land etc to return to. the more you send the better.

wpp
Newly Registered

Post by wpp » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:05 am

hi thanks for reply.
These are documents i av now.
Tenancy Agreement.
Accomodation Report attested
No Objection Letter from Landlord
GrandChild Birth certificate copy attested
Passport copies attested.
Declarations
1 recent payslip
Letter from employer
As i mentioned Im not bearing financial expenses, as my Parents will show their statements.Now Im going to write cover letter.Im confused as what to write.
Also I started my job last month, do I mention that in my cover letter.Any help regarding my application and cover letter much appreciated.Thanks

teekay_tk

Post by teekay_tk » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:00 pm

along with the documents, it would be a nice idea to use the "notes" part of the form to explain the reason for travel and also state that we have no intention to stay beyond visa and that we have very close ties with our country and thus will return. also explain how they will bring money with them to UK. although it looks simple, it may be a good idea to say that the money in the bank will be converted to travelles cheques or cash pound to be used in UK.

my Father in Law got rejection because

1. no proof he will return to UK (although he is a well established doctor and owns property/land and all other family is back home)

2. how he will use money in bank account in uk is not explained.

he appealed and was successful

wpp
Newly Registered

Post by wpp » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:05 pm

Thanks teekay. I have sent documents to my family now.I can only pray now. Inshallah it will be successful. Thanks all :)