ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependent working for employer while visa application is under process

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mabhang
Mood:
India

Tier 2 dependent working for employer while visa application is under process

Post by mabhang » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:54 am

Hello Experts,

I need your advice on a doubt I just had.

My husband has ILR (5 year route) and I have applied to extend my Tier 2 Dependent Visa (I came to UK in 2013 :( I am 1.5 years short to apply for ILR ). Anyhow, My visa expired on 14th August 2017 & I made the application on 10th of July 2017. I am still working for my same employer. I am however looking for great opportunities and I have got a final stage interview at a very big company. They have asked me to bring along Passport/Proof of Right to Work in the UK and such documents for which I am going to provide photocopies.
Which made me think! Am I allowed to work while my visa is under application?
Any ideas members? :?

Thanks,
Anuja

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 dependent working for employer while visa application is under process

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:09 am

You can work but you will have difficulty in securing another job if you don't have evidence of your new visa.

Why did you not apply in person for a same day decision if you were looking to change employers?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mabhang
Mood:
India

Re: Tier 2 dependent working for employer while visa application is under process

Post by mabhang » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:22 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:09 am
You can work but you will have difficulty in securing another job if you don't have evidence of your new visa.

Why did you not apply in person for a same day decision if you were looking to change employers?
Hi,

Thanks for the quick response!
Frankly speaking I applied by post to save money. :|
It has been 7 weeks now so I am expecting my passport back. Hopefully it wont be long!
Thanks for clearing my doubt. :)