ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

two wives

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pakmga
Newly Registered
Pakistan

two wives

Post by pakmga » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:25 pm

hi

i wish to apply for tier 1 ent visa. can i apply for all family members including two wives and children from both wives.

thanks for guidance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: two wives

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:29 pm

No, you categorically cannot bring both wives as your dependents. Polygamy is illegal in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pakmga
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by pakmga » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:35 pm

thanks

how about children from second wife?

as they are my dependents will they qualify for settlement?

secondly, what if two child will continue their studies in Pakistan till o level whereas all applications are processed at once.

should i follow the procedure by myself or hire some law firm to do it for me?

pls guide.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:39 pm

You would need to prove your have sole responsibility of the children from the wife are you not bringing. UKVI will refuse applications for children if the other parent is not also applying or has not given up their parental responsibility through the proper legal route.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:45 pm

You should also be aware that only a visa application from the wife of your first marriage will be considered. The second marriage won't be recognised as valid under British law.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:34 pm

The reason that the Entrepreneur route is leading people to suicide thoughts is that it has become a bastard of a visa that people just use because they can't fit any other visa "so I'll become an entrepreneur"

This has lead to surge of low quality business applications (that the policy makers did not envision when setting out this visa route), yes even business where people make such low salaries they do not need be reported to HMRC

That has led UKVI not to focus on the entrepreneurship but on the minutia of the process. (can be a great company, great sales, patents lots of well paid employees but forgot some line on a management account and visa extension is declined....)

So you are so fast to "leave" your second wife back home for your "UK business" once you found out she can't join you? You must be a great entrepreneur....

Baba G
Newly Registered

Post by Baba G » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:32 pm

seasky wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:34 pm
The reason that the Entrepreneur route is leading people to suicide thoughts is that it has become a bastard of a visa that people just use because they can't fit any other visa "so I'll become an entrepreneur"

This has lead to surge of low quality business applications (that the policy makers did not envision when setting out this visa route), yes even business where people make such low salaries they do not need be reported to HMRC

That has led UKVI not to focus on the entrepreneurship but on the minutia of the process. (can be a great company, great sales, patents lots of well paid employees but forgot some line on a management account and visa extension is declined....)

So you are so fast to "leave" your second wife back home for your "UK business" once you found out she can't join you? You must be a great entrepreneur....

Just take it easy brother. I know you have been waiting for your extension for a long time, that doesn't mean you will come up this kind of harah reply. If you have problems with ukvi, i would strongly suggest you to leave this country and go where you find easy immigration to get ILR or passport. If you're great entrepreneur, you could have stated business in your back home without hassle of extension or etc.
Moderator has already answered him in a nice way.

P.S. this guy just ask questions, he never asked to tell about the game of entrepreneur.

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:55 am

Baba,

Interesting first post. Maybe you don't care about people leading to suicide. I do think this post is an anecdotal manifestation of what is broken in the ENt route and the main pain is good entrepreneurs are hurt (and that hurts the UK economy). I think it is important that such a view and voice is raised on this forum (and of course I help the serious entrepreneurs wherever I can as well). In fact if I was a serious entrepreneur and wanted to come to the UK to start a business (because the UK has the best technological ecosystem for a specific segment for example) and saw a lot of what goes on in this forum ("I forgot that the min wage went up by 10p and didn't pay my two 3rd cousins the legal wage, please please help me URGENT") they might be put off.

I don't know a person willing to just leave one of his wives in another country (how does one choose which of two wives? Maybe there is a forum for that) just doesn't sound to me that the main purpose is to be an entrepreneur rather that the main purpose is to find any way to get into the UK...

I am past extension and have ILR, I guess facts and reality are not your strong point. Best of luck.

Baba G
Newly Registered

Post by Baba G » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:03 pm

seasky wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:55 am
Baba,

Interesting first post. Maybe you don't care about people leading to suicide. I do think this post is an anecdotal manifestation of what is broken in the ENt route and the main pain is good entrepreneurs are hurt (and that hurts the UK economy). I think it is important that such a view and voice is raised on this forum (and of course I help the serious entrepreneurs wherever I can as well). In fact if I was a serious entrepreneur and wanted to come to the UK to start a business (because the UK has the best technological ecosystem for a specific segment for example) and saw a lot of what goes on in this forum ("I forgot that the min wage went up by 10p and didn't pay my two 3rd cousins the legal wage, please please help me URGENT") they might be put off.

I don't know a person willing to just leave one of his wives in another country (how does one choose which of two wives? Maybe there is a forum for that) just doesn't sound to me that the main purpose is to be an entrepreneur rather that the main purpose is to find any way to get into the UK...

I am past extension and have ILR, I guess facts and reality are not your strong point. Best of luck.
I do understand brother the way people abuse this route as they don't have any other option. The point I'm trying to make is that everyone has a different scenario and we don't know.

I wish everyone to have a better life no matter if they come to UK or any other country.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:10 pm

@seasky Please post with respect or not at all. The OP doesn't deserve to be judged for his personal choices.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.