ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Evidence of the parents’ country of habitual residence

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

surelynot
Newly Registered

MN1 Evidence of the parents’ country of habitual residence

Post by surelynot » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:45 pm

I am applying for registration of UK citizenship for my adopted child. I am living in Canada with no plans to return to the UK for a number of years. My question - What documents are required to satisfy "Evidence of the parents’ country of habitual residence?" Does a gas bill suffice? Or is something more official necessary?
Thanks in advance

JAJ
Australia

Re: MN1 Evidence of the parents’ country of habitual residence

Post by JAJ » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:23 am

Evidence of living in Canada. Utility bills perhaps, and your Canadian adoption records should also show you're living in Canada, but what about:

- Copy of your provincial drivers licence/ID card
- Copy of your PR Card or Canadian citizenship certificate
- Copy of your Canadian federal/provincial tax returns.
- Copy of provincial health plan enrolment details
- Printout of your Canada/Quebec Pension Plan contributions record showing employment in Canada
- Copies of bank account statements showing activity in Canada
- Evidence of renting/owning property to live in (copies of lease documents, property tax returns, etc.)
- After that, more fact-specific but obviously copies of any employment records, wage slips, school enrolment records, etc.

And so on.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction.