ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage Visa Advice

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

malepiscean
United Kingdom

Marriage Visa Advice

Post by malepiscean » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:13 pm

Hello
I'm a UK citizen based in London and want to marry a girl in Bangalore, India (both of us are Hindus). I'm originally from Gurgaon, India, been in the uk for 10+ years.

My questions are:
1. As I understand, I need to be in India, get a 'same day hindu court marriage' (via Arya samaj method) done to get the legal certificate of marriage and then apply and wait for Spouse visa (which on avg takes 3m?) - is this true?
2. Is there another way in which I get the visa sooner and come to the UK with my partner? Or ideally at the same time (within a day or two) as the marriage ceremony?

At the moment our plan is:
Step 1: get same day court marriage done in india, get a marriage certificate from registrar and apply for UK spouse visa from India
Step 2: plan a proper hindu marriage ceremony with all rituals roughly 3m from court marriage date to increase the probability that spouse visa will be granted by then
Step 3: travel together to UK after Step2 and visa receipt

Is there a better way to do this? The gap of 3m between Step 1 & 2 is causing an emotional issue and any faster way around this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Marriage Visa Advice

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:23 pm

There is no 'faster way' to do it. People that have applied using the priority service are waiting 60 to 90 days. Some standard applicant have been waiting since December last year. So best to prepare yourself for a long wait for your future spouse to get a visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.