ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Path to citizenship - consultation feedback

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Path to citizenship - consultation feedback

Post by global gypsy » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:55 pm

Please go to this site:
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... tizenship/

and fill out the The path to citizenship: next steps in reforming the immigration system - proforma (227K opens in a new window) document there.

This is the consultation document using which you can provide feedback to Home Office on what you think of the proposed changes in the new green paper.

The green paper is at the same site: document titled The path to citizenship: next steps in reforming the immigration system (370K opens in a new window)

Deadline is 14th May 08, so please act now!
Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans

TinTinTin

Post by TinTinTin » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:17 am

Do you think our feedback will make some difference or can make a difference ? Pls dont get me wrong, but a Q from me end !

*Can anyone share a similar situation happened in the past ?, where public feedback was 'considered', need not be related to immigration ;-)

maibesa
Newly Registered

Post by maibesa » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:50 am

Either way, you've got nothing to lose.I've completed one.

kg1983

Post by kg1983 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:15 pm

maibesa wrote:Either way, you've got nothing to lose.I've completed one.
Agreed. I will complete one too.

Emma84

Post by Emma84 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:38 pm

I completed one too. I also have a friend in the US who is a prospective migrant to Britain and I have encouraged her to complete one as well.

tobiashomer

Post by tobiashomer » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:00 am

TinTinTin, "considered" is a big word. Even the Green Paper contains selected quotes from supposed members of the public, chosen to give an air of diversity to the document and the impression that many viewpoints were listened to and "considered". But we know that this is only a tactical manoeuvre on the part lf Liam "slash-and-Byrne".

The only way for dissenting viewpoints to be taken into account is for those whose interests are harmed and/or disregarded to make so much noise that it gets into the tabloids and the opinion polls; for it is in those surrogates for future voting intentions that this Government gets its "principles". The campaign against the egregious 4-to-5 retrospective change that caused so much grief (and the departure of several thousand migrants, hoy hoy hoy!) never caught the public imagination, as those harmed were ordinary, solvent, tax-paying working stiffs.

lanr3e

Post by lanr3e » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:15 pm

Going by the recent happenings, I think the home office may be bracing up to regularise illegal immigrants via an amnesty. I think they might have succumbed to the fact that they may or cannot deport all of them. And since most illegal immigrants are from outside of the EU, they may want to make the amnesty coincide with the launch of the e-borders’ system which is scheduled to be partly operational later this year.
In my opinion, a way of granting illegal immigrants an amnesty will be to grant them LTR under the new path to citizenship policy such that many of them will never be able to become British citizens (and hence be unable to claim benefits) since they (the illegals) must have at least either breached immigration rules or committed some offence (either civil or criminal) which will enable the home office either to deny them citizenship and other them permanent foreign citizen status or delay or slow down the time they may be eligible to apply for British citizenship. As those unfortunate souls will have to work all their lives but may never be able to claim benefits as a British citizen, this may prove to be popular among a xenophobic electorate worried about immigrants taking up "their" benefits.
Unfortunately people who have come to this country legitimately such as HSMP participants will suffer the collateral damage this political stunt will induce...