ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

From ILR to BC

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yogeeta75
United Kingdom

From ILR to BC

Post by yogeeta75 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:29 am

Hi All,
I will be applying for ILR in May 18 under Tier 2G route showing salary of £36000 pa based on 40hrs pw. I will be on maternity leave so will show payslip covering maternity period plus 3 months payslip before going on mat.

My question is - after staying on ilr for one year i will be applying for naturalisation. Since i will be returning back to work after maternity i plan to reduce my hours considerably say doing just 20hrs pw. Will that affect my naturalisation application as I have seen the form and there is question about employer and pay there?

Or will i have to still earn that 36k for another one yr of ILR?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: From ILR to BC

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:37 am

£36000 pa based on 40hrs pw
Are you sure you will meet the minimum salary requirement based on HO's calculation of 39 hours @ £35,500??

Employment is not mandatory for citizenship so reducing your hours is irrelevant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

yogeeta75
United Kingdom

Re: From ILR to BC

Post by yogeeta75 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:48 am

Hi
Yes at the moment I am on 36k before going on maternity and have been for the past year as well - and its based on 40hrs pw. Is that a prob? Please clarify- Thanks

I will be applying for ilr in May /June 18 but I come back from maternity in Sept 18 and thats the time that i will be reducing my hours!
Last edited by yogeeta75 on Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.