ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa refused based on Character. Please help!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pixelrage09
India

Spouse Visa refused based on Character. Please help!

Post by pixelrage09 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:54 pm

Hi everyone,

This forum has been extremely helpful to us in the many months leading up to our application and in the many months after. Today my husband got a refusal under S-EC.1.5.

Here is the exact wording of the refusal letter:

"You declared on your visa application form that you were convicted of 'mischief' in the US in 2015. The relevant authorities in the US have provided us with further details relating to the nature of your criminal conviction. I have considered the circumstances of your application, but in the light of your conduct, I consider it undesirable to issue you an entry clearance and I am not prepared to exercise discretion in your favour. I therefore refuse your application under paragraph EC-P.1.1(c) of Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules. (S-EC.1.5)

Any help is greatly appreciated!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa refused based on Character. Please help!

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:16 pm

Well it certainly depends on how your partner views and interpretation of the word 'mischief' and what it actually means he did and got convicted for.

HO clearly have obtained the full record of the conviction and feel your partner is unsuitable for a visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Tamandua

Re: Spouse Visa refused based on Character. Please help!

Post by Tamandua » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:22 pm

I believe your husband will have to appeal against the decision because any future application you guys make will likely to be refused unless the circumstance of his application change.