ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependent - Fee structure/refund

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chdgu
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

PBS Dependent - Fee structure/refund

Post by chdgu » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:04 pm

Dear Immigration experts,

Please consider the below case from myself.

I have applied for PBS dependant partner visa for my wife in August 2016. I have selected the standard service (postal form after filling online) and paid £1328 as came up in the payments page. The visa was issued for 3 years from 01-Oct-2016 to 01-Oct-2019.

However, looking at the HO fee structure, I think I should have been charged £664 instead of £1328, as the application was made inside the UK and the visa was issued for 3 years.

The £1328 is for the visa for more than 3 years (please refer to: Points based system - applications made in the UK) in the below link provided by Vinny.

Please could you review and suggest if I am eligible for a refund? if yes, can we still contact UKBA/HO after an year for this? Please provide a contact as well.

Note: I have got my ILR through the Tier 2 ICT 5 years route in December 2014.

Many Thanks
Chandra

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS Dependent - Fee structure/refund

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:09 pm

Why have you waited almost a year to query this?

What did you select when you applied, up to 3 years or more than 3 years? You will only be asked to pay based on what you selected.

PBS dependent visa extensions are only granted for 3 years once the main PBS migrant changes to ILR/BC.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

chdgu
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by chdgu » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:18 pm

Hi CR001,

I was going through the PBS dependant application for my friend and enquiring the fee structure. I have just realised the amount I have paid vs the amount shown in the fees structure.

The only item I have given more than 3 years is the CoS length for myself in the question.

What is the length of Mr XXXXXXXXXXX 's CoS? = more than 3 years. I believe this has triggered the fees to double it. Yes, it is a late realisation. Please advice if I can request for a refund anyway?

Many Thanks
Chandra

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:25 pm

Then no there is no error on HO's part as you paid for the more than 3 years option.

The immigration rules state that a PBS extension will only be granted for 3 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

chdgu
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by chdgu » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:39 pm

Poor me :( when I have applied, I had British citizenship, so I have given the CoS length as more than 3 years. Is there a contact CR001 to try my luck? Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:43 pm

I don't think you were required to input your CoS.

Assuming as it is ICT dependent, you did not inadvertently pay the IHS fee??

I don't know a contact number to be honest.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

chdgu
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by chdgu » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:09 pm

Hi CR001,

It is not the IHS I have paid but the actual fee for the visa itslelf. Instead of 664, I have ended up paying 1328.

s.ahmadabbas
Newly Registered

Post by s.ahmadabbas » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:00 pm

Dear CR001 and other Gurus,

I may end up in the similar situation (i.e. paying more than required or getting the application refused if I have paid less) if I don't get this answer right. I was on Tier 2 for years and have moved to ILR this year May 2017.

I am planning to "extend" my spouse's Tier 2 dependent visa, please note this is an extension and the Spouse is already in the UK. In the PBS - Dependent form, what should I respond to "Length of CoS"?

I have selected more than 3 years based on my 5 years on Tier 2 visa. But, after reading this discussion, I am not so sure, what is it really asking for.

PBS guidance is not very clear on that except stating that
If you are applying as the dependant of a person who has indefinite leave to remain, or British Citizenship, you should read this guidance as if they were still in their last PBS immigration category. For example if the person with indefinite leave to remain last held PBS leave in Tier 1, you should read the guidance as if you are applying as the dependant of a Tier 1 migrant.

I would be very grateful if someone can clarify this, please.

sanjumac
Mood:
India

Post by sanjumac » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:01 pm

May I ask how much time it took for approval for visa through standard service?
chdgu wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:04 pm
Dear Immigration experts,

Please consider the below case from myself.

I have applied for PBS dependant partner visa for my wife in August 2016. I have selected the standard service (postal form after filling online) and paid £1328 as came up in the payments page. The visa was issued for 3 years from 01-Oct-2016 to 01-Oct-2019.

However, looking at the HO fee structure, I think I should have been charged £664 instead of £1328, as the application was made inside the UK and the visa was issued for 3 years.

The £1328 is for the visa for more than 3 years (please refer to: Points based system - applications made in the UK) in the below link provided by Vinny.

Please could you review and suggest if I am eligible for a refund? if yes, can we still contact UKBA/HO after an year for this? Please provide a contact as well.

Note: I have got my ILR through the Tier 2 ICT 5 years route in December 2014.

Many Thanks
Chandra