ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp4EUFAM TO Stamp 1

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Stamp4EUFAM TO Stamp 1

Post by finalversion_2k » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:54 pm

Hi,

Just want to know open options, is it possible to change stamp4 EUFAM TO Stamp 1??

kupuser
Ireland

Re: Stamp4EUFAM TO Stamp 1

Post by kupuser » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:51 pm

I think generally you can't go to another stamp from this but in some circumstances it might be granted by INIS.

If you are legally resident in Ireland you can apply for work permit / green card with department of jobs. Once you are granted the permit you can apply with INIS. They will assess your situation (immigration history) and might grant the stamp 1.

The risk is that they will look into you current status to determine if there is any reason to revoke your Stamp4EUFAM e.g. spouse not exercising rights in Ireland and might revoke the stamp retrospectively (let's say 1 year before the new application date) if such a reason exists. If that happens then you won't qualify for the work permit as you were not legally in the state.

I hope that answers the question. These are my views after talking to at least 3 different immigration solicitors.