ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Former Employer asking details

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ram89*
Newly Registered

Former Employer asking details

Post by ram89* » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:51 pm

Hello,

It would help me if some one can please advise on my query as below:

I recently changed my job under tier 2 general & my former employer has sent me an email asking my current employer details to keep as a record in his HR database.

Do I necessarily need to provide this information or can i decline this request ? please advise whether It is legal requirement for former employer to keep in his record?

Best Regards,
Ram

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Former Employer asking details

Post by Djsuccess » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:40 pm

The moment you left the company, they stopped being your sponsor so they don't need to know any other thing about you or your new employment. It is now the responsibility of your new sponsor.
The last thing they should keep in your HR folder in the resignation letter.
They should have notified UKVI that you are no longer working.

Do you have any unsettled issue with your former employer? If yes, then that's a different thing.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Former Employer asking details

Post by Djsuccess » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:50 pm

ram89* wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:51 pm
Hello,

It would help me if some one can please advise on my query as below:

I recently changed my job under tier 2 general & my former employer has sent me an email asking my current employer details to keep as a record in his HR database.

Do I necessarily need to provide this information or can i decline this request ? please advise whether It is legal requirement for former employer to keep in his record?

Best Regards,
Ram

After checking tier 2 sponsor guidance, I found out that your former sponsor will need to provide some information to UKVI when notifying them about your resignation. One of such information is the name of your new employer. I don't think they need any other information aside from the ones stated below except you have other unsettled issues witth them.
15.7 You must report the following within 10 working days:
 if a sponsored migrant does not turn up for their first day of work - you must include any reason given for their non-attendance, for example a missed flight: you must include the last recorded residential address and contact telephone number for the migrant, and any personal email addresses you have for them
 if a sponsored migrant’s contract of, or for employment, or services or registration is terminated earlier than shown on their certificate of sponsorship (CoS), for example, if the migrant resigns or is dismissed you
must include the name and address of any new employer that the migrant has moved to, if known; you must include the last recorded residential address and contact telephone number for the migrant, and any personal email addresses you have for them
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.