ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship ceremony

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gorgeous
Ireland

Citizenship ceremony

Post by gorgeous » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:26 am

Hi guys,

My partner's citizenship has just been approved and on the date of the ceremony we will be out of the country.

What happens if you can't attend the ceremony? Do they reallocate you to attend in a different county or do you have to wait for the next one in Dublin?

We both live in Dublin, btw.

Thanks!

dupalsky

Re: Citizenship ceremony

Post by dupalsky » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:58 am

Hey,

Congratulations to your partner. But I must say, if he doesn't attend the ceremony, it is as though his citizenship was never approved as he has to go through the whole process again. He might even need to send some up to date documents all over again.

I strongly advise that he make plans to attend the ceremony. He can always rearrange his travel a couple of days late.

Dupalsky

docha
Newly Registered

Post by docha » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:20 am

They do ceremonies? I wish I had been there for mine (since getting on the FBR).

gorgeous
Ireland

Post by gorgeous » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:06 pm

dupalsky wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:58 am
Hey,

Congratulations to your partner. But I must say, if he doesn't attend the ceremony, it is as though his citizenship was never approved as he has to go through the whole process again. He might even need to send some up to date documents all over again.

I strongly advise that he make plans to attend the ceremony. He can always rearrange his travel a couple of days late.

Dupalsky
Hi, Dupalsky.

Are you sure of this? Because my partner has paid for it already. It doesn't make sense to apply again... I think he can be invited to the next ceremony, not sure though. He's sent an email to the citizenship dept, let's see what they say.

Thanks!

ferocious12

Post by ferocious12 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:24 pm

Hi - did you get any response from the department ? Thx