ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First time passport application documents

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

docha
Newly Registered

First time passport application documents

Post by docha » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:15 am

I am applying for my first Irish passport after having received my Irish citizenship earlier this year (FBR).

I have all of the necessary documents to apply for the passport with the exception of the below 2:
  • An original document showing proof of your name, such as a pay slip, college registration correspondence or social welfare receipts.
I do not receive any paper payslips (electronic) and I am not a student nor on social welfare. What else would meet the criteria for "An original document showing proof of your name" in this sense? What have other folks submitted and been successful with?
  • An original document showing proof of your address, such as a utility bill, bank statement or official correspondence from a public or private sector organisation.
For the second document my utility and bank statements are all electronic so I will have to try to find something else, just curious also what people have used for this to show proof address? Thanks.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: First time passport application documents

Post by chaoclive » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:57 pm

I was told that the citizenship division would accept printed electronic payslips/bills etc at the citizenship application stage for my non-EEA civil partner. I don't think this would be a problem when applying for a passport either. An electronic document is an 'original' document. 'Original' doesn't necessarily mean paper.

What about getting your employer to write a letter for you? Or get your bank statements printed by the bank (and stamped)? Or TV license/HMRC letters re tax code etc?

We are still waiting on the citizenship application results (that will take a while) but they said that it is not a problem to print electronic docs.

docha
Newly Registered

Post by docha » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:24 am

Thank you for your helpful reply. I will print out the documents as you suggested. Good luck to you!

dupalsky

Post by dupalsky » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:13 am

Hey docha,

Also, could you post your time line on here.

When you applied:
When you received acknowledgement:
When you received second letter:
Approval date:

Dupalsky