ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration checks at heathrow airport

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vidya

Immigration checks at heathrow airport

Post by vidya » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:12 am

Hi everyone

can anyone who travelled recently give the rest of us a clearer idea about what are the papers we need to present to IO ( immigration officer) at the airport after landing

i am especially confused about -

A) Lung x rays ??
B) Do they ask for job offer or can we give them emails from job consultants etc

if few can post their experience it would be very helpful for the rest of us - shridar , senthil , venkat , others please respond. Thanks,

reincarnation

Post by reincarnation » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:18 am

As far as I knw, chest x ray for TB is required for only those who intend to work in the food industry...But again, if you dont want to take a chance, then you can get it done frm here...Or else...if required..the IO at Heathrow will ask u to get it done at the airport itself...I'm not planning to get it done...

Nope, they wont ask for any offer letters,etc...anyways we would be having the email communication with consultants...

unileeds

Post by unileeds » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:40 am

I would advise everyone to get the chest Xray done. Both times I have come from home, they have asked me for the Xray, and I dont work in the food industry. Luckily I had my Xray with me the frist time round, and the second time round I explained to them that I had only been out of the country for a month.

You can get it done in the airport, but there usually is a wait of anywhere from 2-6 hours. So don't be penny wise pound foolish, get it done in your home country and if possible get a letter from a doctor along with your xray (the letter is optional, but just shows that a person is organised)

vidya

Post by vidya » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:12 am

unileeds and others

is there any special x ray we need to ask for at the lab or just normal chest x ray ( i am asking bcos i heard this is to confirm no TB so is it any specific x ray or just the normal one)

and also - what kind of a report we need from the doctor - just a note on his letterhead saying he has gone through the x rays and no tb

??? :shock:

tipu20

Post by tipu20 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:13 am

My experiance on 28 Jan 2008.

When i landed there and approched immigraiton officer they asked me to visit the Medical room as i am coming to live in UK and it's longer than 6 month so they need to get the X-ray done. in the Medical room only 2 people were in Q , i got my x-ray + reports but still i had to wait for the other 2 people to finish first (Their X-ray + report took 5-10 min each). The I explained to nurse that i have the X-ray which she took and report also and after 3-4 min i was clear to proceede to another immigration counter.

I had the job offer etc.. but no body asked me to show that or any other document for proof of hotel stay etc.. i have mentioned in the landing card that i will be staying with a distance family member.

I hope this help

Regards,
Tipu

tipu20

Post by tipu20 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:17 am

I have asked the doctor for Chest X-ray, Normal report will include the following wording.

Lungs are clear and heart size is normal.

If they see something different they will put it there.

Regards,

vidya

Post by vidya » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:17 am

thanks tipu - that was really useful ....