ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC for Family Help Required

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

salmanghani

EC for Family Help Required

Post by salmanghani » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:42 am

hi,
i have to apply for EC in start of march 2008, i have wife and a 8 months old daughter.
i have these financial supports

- i have 3.5 lacs cash in my account
- a car worth Rs 2.25 lacs.
- my wife has some jellery worth Rs. 2.5 lacs.
- i have some prize bonds worth Rs. 2 Lacs.
- also we have to sale some jewllery worth Rs. 2 Lacs which will add as a cash but will sale just before applying for visa.

i need help from senior members that if these supports are sufficient for EC or should i arrange some sponsor for me and my family. As my father in Law can be a sponsor for us.

any help will be really helpful. i need to know what exactly i need with these two dependants. a wife and a 8 months old baby.

Regards,
Salman Ghani

sunny9675
BANNED

Post by sunny9675 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:34 pm

very hard

u need atleast gbp 10,000 liquid

for a family of three

this is not policy but admn barrier

and this is right also life in uk is very expensive

don jump with family here u may loose all yr savings

better try yr self

all the best

regards

salmanghani

Post by salmanghani » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:16 pm

Yes Sunny i admit that uk life is very expensive and I'm not going to take my whole family in start here. I will come there alone and after 2,3 months i will bring my family.

Now I want to get visa for whole family. I asked you if my financial condition is alright for EC or should i arrange some money in the form of gift from my father or father in law ??

Any reply will be highly appreciated ...
Salman Ghani

immaad

Post by immaad » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:38 pm

Why dont you apply alone, this is safest and I dont see any reason even when you are going alone first.

salmanghani

Post by salmanghani » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:31 pm

I have doubts about that as getting HSMP means I want to make UK my home country and I have intentions to do so. Then if I apply alone then what reason I will give for my family that why they are not accompany me.
And anyone who has the same case and apply alone get Visa or it can make some reason to reject visa ?
Salman Ghani

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

hi..

Post by jimmymcad » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:11 am

Your concerns are right. I have read one of the post, whose visa was rejected due to the reason that he has applied alone, but did not write the reason, why did he apply alone, If you provide a suitable reason, in the column (it is in the form) that why are you applyin alone, and once you settled you will bring your wife and kid here, that will be fine.

You can apply with the family, but i think you need to show an amount eq to 6-7 lac rs in your account. You can give them an cost estimate breakdown how will you survive within 3 months with your family initially in UK. YOu can also apply single and give them a reason why you are applying for your ec only, and once you get settled, you can bring your wife and child to UK. hope it helps.

salmanghani

Post by salmanghani » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:11 pm

yes jimmymcad its very helpful. now i have arrange some funds in the form of gidt money from my father in law.
Now i have
3.5 lacs cash in my salary account.
Car worth 2 Lacs after bank payoff
Gift money of 5 Lacs from Father in Law
Jewllery worth 4.5 Lacs

Now wht u think can i apply and get UK visa for the whole family. As my first preference is tp get family visa. But i will go there alone and then bring my famil after some time.
Salman Ghani

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

One more thing

Post by jimmymcad » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:28 pm

One more thing, you shoud bare in mind. If you are applying for the whole family together and just going alone in the begining. Your dependent should enter the UK within 6 months i think. In this website, it is recommended that it is best to check out within 3 months otherwise, have to face questions from immigration officer.

You atleast need 3 month time to get a job in UK. UK government wants to see whether you can survive 3 months without recourse to public funds and the same goes for your family. If keeping in mind the accomodation cost and the funds you have, will you and your family be able to survive for 3 months. And i think 3.5 lacs is sufficient for a single person, but not sufficient for dependents. But as i can see you have good amounts from other sources. Senior member may comments.

salmanghani

Post by salmanghani » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:37 pm

so nice of you jimmymcad, one more question hope u wont mind.
do u think money gift from my father in law will work and will be considered as financial aid.
Salman Ghani

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

hmm

Post by jimmymcad » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:47 pm

I think I am not the right person to comment on this. To my perception, I am not sayin No to this question, but put yourself in the case worker shoes. They may ask how 5-6 lac amounts suddenlly falls into your bank account so you better be prepared for it. What is the reason to gift such a big amount...:).

You can come up with any other suitable reason that it is provided by my father in law for me and my family to support in UK. You can take a letter from your father in law to support your application.

Hope it helps.