ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help Application on hold due to high court ruling 22 Feb, Didn't Meet financial requirements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DustinDep
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Help Application on hold due to high court ruling 22 Feb, Didn't Meet financial requirements

Post by DustinDep » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:21 pm

Hey Everyone!

This is my first time posting on this forum, I have been active on a few others and they told me to head here!
Im applying for a settlement visa from the US, My wife and two kids are all British. I actually lived in the UK from 2008-2016 but then we all moved to the states for a year due to work. During that time I was there under diplomatic visa so I couldn't extend it or anything.

We applied in June and got the email from Sheffield that our documents were received on 15 June 2017

We applied for priority and then on 13 Jul we received the following email

"Following a Supreme Court judgment on Wednesday 22 February 2017, the Home Office has paused decision-making on some applications under Appendix FM to the Immigration Rules. The applications affected are those failing to meet the minimum income requirement for a spouse/partner visa and Appendix FM applications falling for refusal which involve a child.

The reason for this pause is to enable the Home Office to consider the implications of the judgment. All other applications will continue to be decided as normal.

As a result UKVI is currently unable to process your application and your documents are being returned whilst this pause is in place. If you submitted a passport with your application, this will be returned to you under separate cover through the Visa Application Centre where you applied.

As soon as we are able to conclude your application we will contact you on the email address you provided within your application."

The email says they were going to send back our documents but we still haven't received anything. The reason we didn't make the finical requirement is because my pension doesn't start until November and our immigration advisor said that it wouldn't be a problem. Any help in this would be great or if anyone else has got the email and then got a decision id love to hear about It

bittu11
Mood:
India

Re: Help Application on hold due to high court ruling 22 Feb, Didn't Meet financial requirements

Post by bittu11 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:02 pm

Hi

We received the same email in March 2016 however we never received our passport back they are still holding passport with them. And they haven't updated us on status of application it's almost 8 months now..mp wrote to them and they replied the hold has been lifted and all the applications will be cleared but no timescale.

DustinDep
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Re: Help Application on hold due to high court ruling 22 Feb, Didn't Meet financial requirements

Post by DustinDep » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:45 pm

Wow im so sorry to here that! Where are you applying from?

bittu11
Mood:
India

Post by bittu11 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:54 am

India