ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 4 dependent to Tier 2 visa - COS generation time period

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dineshanand750
Newly Registered
India

Switching from Tier 4 dependent to Tier 2 visa - COS generation time period

Post by dineshanand750 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:23 am

Hi all, I am currently on the Tier 4 dependent Visa and my employer has agreed to sponsor me. Employer has done with the procedure of RMLT test by advertising job in indeed and universal jobs for more than 28 days and has selected me on job of Business Development Manager out of all suitable candidates. only 4 applied for job and 2 turned for interview and i have been selected. My current tier 4 dependent visa expires on end of January 2018 and my partner has completed his course and likely to leave to home country today because of family emergency. My employer is willing to sponsor me and he still needs to get his tier 2 licence.

Just wanted to confirm:

1. How much this time of getting licence and COS generation is likely to take ?
2. If my wife leaves the UK earlier than me, will there be any issue for me for my COS generation and visa application considering I stay and continue work untill January 2018?