ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ajaycheriyan
Newly Registered

Dependent Visa

Post by ajaycheriyan » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:58 pm

I am a work permit holder working in UK since 11th Jan 2008. In order to bring my wife and child from India, how long I have to wait to apply for a visa. VFS in India said my 6 months bank statements required to apply for their Visa, or I can submit the application in my risk.

We are planning to apply for Visa by April mid, ie with 3 months bank statement, but with a balance of £3000.

Please help me on this so that my wife can give resignation to the company she is working for accordingly

Also, as I understand she can work in UK with dependent Visa, but a transfer offer is also expected within her company to UK where she will be sponsored with a work permit so that she can join early. Is it advisable to accept that or continue with dependent visa so that she can work anywhere. - She is a software engineer with 3 years of experience in Embedded, C, C++

Thanks in advance

coronat
Newly Registered

Post by coronat » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:25 pm

Im not sure about the HSMP dependant status but I am a british citizen and my wife applied for a settlement/dependancy visa (VAF4) and is allowed to work in the UK / I would also assume that if your wife transferred she will have the work permit but no link to your visa status ie; no certainty she would be allowed to remain in the UK with you should her work permit expire before your HSMP visa, I would do the dependancy visa (I supplied 1 month bank statement with 2500 savings) in South Africa without problems 4 days and she had her visa. good luck

ajaycheriyan
Newly Registered

Post by ajaycheriyan » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:41 pm

Thanks for the information. I am not in HSMP, but a WP holder. Wondering why VFS in India said the application will be in my rosk if applied without 6 months bank statement!

dnicky
Member of Standing

Post by dnicky » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:50 pm

In my opinion it is better to bring your wife on dependent visa so that her status gets tied in with yours and this way it's easier to apply for PR/ILR in x years time, it it still existed then.
Moreover on a dependent visa your wife would be free to work for any employer as opposed to being tied to one employer if on a WP.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:13 pm

dnicky wrote:In my opinion it is better to bring your wife on dependent visa so that her status gets tied in with yours and this way it's easier to apply for PR/ILR in x years time, it it still existed then.
Moreover on a dependent visa your wife would be free to work for any employer as opposed to being tied to one employer if on a WP.
Wrong, get your wife on her own independent visa...

The advantage is if one looses his / her wp they can still switch as a dependant of the other...

dnicky
Member of Standing

Post by dnicky » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:13 pm

That's right, but looking at it the other way if OP's wife comes on an independent visa then in future if for any reason she decides to switch over to dependent status, then she won't be able to amalgamate her previous stay on WP towards her future stay.
I guess each option has it's own pros and cons.

ajaycheriyan
Newly Registered

Post by ajaycheriyan » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:16 am

Thanks for the information. I too think both have its own pros and cons... anyway lets see how the things work... I am not sure how easy it will be to find a Job after she comes in dependent visa.. started searching, lot of enquiries replies.. but nothing finalising..

in the matter of 6 months to apply, we are aplying with my 3 months payslip and bank statement.. no where it is mentioned a requirement of 6 months, but VFS in India says so.. Does anyone know any situation of rejection due to 3 months documents? or any situation from India passed with 3 months application?

December31

Hi

Post by December31 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:10 am

As per my knowledge and advices I got 3 months should be enough. It actually depends on you circumstances and your strength of other documents you provide, VFS will not think of this. They bluntly tell all these are required. But the case worker will weigh the pros and cons. You you believe you have the docs and cirumstances, you should go ahead, I did just that and got it( VFS asked me for marriage photos and warned me of the risk, I went ahead without them and got it, I believe my case is clear with the other documents and circumstances).

ajaycheriyan
Newly Registered

Post by ajaycheriyan » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:29 pm

Thanks december.

What does an Invitation letter means. Is that a letter from me to my wife inviting them to join me???

other documents from me (UK) - Payslips copy (or original?), bankstatements , copy employment contract, letter from company (as i am staying in company's cottage and deducting rent from salary as mentioned also in employment contract), above mentioned invitation letter - and anything else?

ajaycheriyan
Newly Registered

Post by ajaycheriyan » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:33 pm

HI All,

My family got the visa with 3 months payslip and 3 months UK bank statement :)