ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Length of bank statement for inviting parents for attending Graduation

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

birpjpt
Newly Registered
Nepal

Length of bank statement for inviting parents for attending Graduation

Post by birpjpt » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:40 pm

Hi,

I'm about to apply for my parents visa to attend my graduation ceremony. I'm in UK in Tier-2 visa, and while I was working, I have also been doing a part time masters degree.

I have supplied all the supporting document from my end for my parents i.e. 6 months bank statement, employment letter and payslip, and have also mentioned that I would be supporting the travel cost of my parents here.

Further, my parents have also maintained the bank balance for 3 months. Should that be enough? As I've seen people saying that my parents too need bank statement for 6 months.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Biraj

wahpk
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Length of bank statement for inviting parents for attending Graduation

Post by wahpk » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:02 am

Hi !

when attach bank statements you must care about credit amounts in statement. you/parents.

credit/deposit or any transaction into accounts must not exceed income which u declare in visa application form.

suppose u mentioned 1500 pounds monthly income your bank statement must reflect below 1500 pounds or similar. same for your parents statement.

you have to prove source of any other transaction above your income. it is your onus.

birpjpt
Newly Registered
Nepal

Post by birpjpt » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:22 pm

Thank You Wahpk. I've got high amount of debit/going out from my account. However, I've not gone below a certain amount of money. Would that make a difference?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:28 pm

Your paperwork is far less relevant that what your parents are required to submit. They must submit evidence of their strong ties to their home country. Family ties, social ties, financial circumstances such as proof of income/payslips, banks statements, property documents etc etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

birpjpt
Newly Registered
Nepal

Post by birpjpt » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:57 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:28 pm
Your paperwork is far less relevant that what your parents are required to submit. They must submit evidence of their strong ties to their home country. Family ties, social ties, financial circumstances such as proof of income/payslips, banks statements, property documents etc etc.
Thanks for your reply CR001. If I have mentioned that I am fully paying for their visit, would my papers are still irrelevant?

My parents only have a bank statement that has enough money in their account for 3 months, as we have cash transactions in Nepal. So i'm only putting the bank statement from last 3 months. Will that be taken into consideration or do we need to have bank statement for 6 months?

Kind Regards,
Biraj

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:02 pm

Irrelevant is perhaps the wrong word. Less important is better.

They need to provide substantial evidence of the circumstances in their home country to convince the ECO that they are genuine visitors. HO likely want to know where their money comes from and if sudden large deposits, they must be traceable.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

birpjpt
Newly Registered
Nepal

Post by birpjpt » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:10 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:02 pm
Irrelevant is perhaps the wrong word. Less important is better.

They need to provide substantial evidence of the circumstances in their home country to convince the ECO that they are genuine visitors. HO likely want to know where their money comes from and if sudden large deposits, they must be traceable.
Thanks for the message CR001. I've applied with my parents bank statement of 3 months, showing their property, and letting agreement to show the source of the income. Also included the original property papers to prove that those property belong to my parents. Also, my sister, who is dependant on my parents is not travelling with my parents. She is only 16 and will be staying in the school hostel during the duration of travel. I hope this would be enough to prove that my parents will be going back. Fingers crossed. :) :)