ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa - Private NHS Consultation

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Reckon
Newly Registered
India

Visitor Visa - Private NHS Consultation

Post by Reckon » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:11 pm

Hi Forum,

I am Indian born Britisher. My parents are with me for couple of months (on 6 month Visitor Visa). I want to go for private NHS consultation for my mother's knee. If need be, I can go for her knee replacement paying all on my own.

1> My query is, will that affect in any way getting Visitor Visa in future if I go for private NHS consultancy (and if required surgery)?

2> Do I need to mention the treatment (if any) while applying Visitor Visa next time? Does it have any ill effects in getting Visitor Visa?

Please help. I have gone through some home office sites and asked a few but no one know for sure.

Looking for expert adice or if anyone can share their own experience.

Thanks

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Visitor Visa - Private NHS Consultation

Post by New on forum » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:34 pm

Reckon wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:11 pm
Hi Forum,

I am Indian born Britisher. My parents are with me for couple of months (on 6 month Visitor Visa). I want to go for private NHS consultation for my mother's knee. If need be, I can go for her knee replacement paying all on my own.

1> My query is, will that affect in any way getting Visitor Visa in future if I go for private NHS consultancy (and if required surgery)?

2> Do I need to mention the treatment (if any) while applying Visitor Visa next time? Does it have any ill effects in getting Visitor Visa?

Please help. I have gone through some home office sites and asked a few but no one know for sure.

Looking for expert adice or if anyone can share their own experience.

Thanks
Generally it's no problem as long as you pay for the treatment which is 150 percent of normal cost for visitors.
Only way it can cause s problem for future applications is if ECO thinks that the condition was pre existing and the purpose of visit was medical treatment rather than what was stated in application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:37 pm

Yes it will need to be mentioned and proof of the full payment submitted too.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Reckon
Newly Registered
India

Post by Reckon » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:30 pm

Hi CR001, Forum,

Many thanks for the quick relies. I (for my mother) had my appointment and got the referral @Nuffield Hospital. I am now waiting for my next appointment call.

I asked the lady doctor if there would be any issues for Visa filing in future because of having consultation or any treatment? She also works for NHS but on need basis takes private client told me that as long as its all private, there won't be any references reflecting on NHS systems.

I believe I don't have to reveal the consultancy at this point of time... But I stand corrected.

I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:34 pm

NHS doctors are not immigration advisors.

If you have paid for medical treatment in the UK, for future visit visa applications there is a question asking if you had medical treatment. You need to answer this honestly and provide evidence that it has been paid.

However, if the purpose of her coming to the UK was for medical treatment, she should have applied for the correct category of visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.