ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visit Visa Refused

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

deep_love
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Family Visit Visa Refused

Post by deep_love » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:57 pm

Hi, I and my wife living and working in Ireland.
My wife is pregnant and will be giving birth end of next month.
We have invited my mother in law to support us and be with us while my wife give birth.
Therefore, my mother in law applied for Irish family visit visa from Morocco.
However, got refusal letter.
I need some advised about what I need to do.
Should we appeal or apply again?
What documents do we have to prepare according to refusal?

Here is the refusal letter:

I regret to inform you that your application for an Irish Visa has been refused by the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service for the following reasons:

OB:- Obligations to return to home country have not been deemed sufficient You have not provided sufficient documentation to demonstrate that you have sufficiently strong obligations (such as educational, economic, family or social ties) to return to Morocco after your proposed visit to Ireland.
OC Observe the conditions of the visa the visa sought is for a specific purpose and duration the applicant has not satisfied the visa officer that such conditions would be observed Based on the information & documentation provided, you have not demonstrated that you would observe the conditions of the visa sought.
PF:- The granting of the visa may result in a cost to public funds.
PR: The granting of the visa may result in a cost to public resources.
This decision can be appealed within 2 months of the date of this letter. An appeal must be submitted in writing, fully addressing all the reasons for refusal.

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Re: Family Visit Visa Refused

Post by shpirtshqipe » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:37 am

Basically you have to address in reverse point by point the reasons for refusal. In other words your mother in law needs to provide strong economic social etc ties in her home country. This usually means if she has other children there or her husband. Have a property, job or business, savings etc (whichever applies to her). Provide as much evidence as she can and I would strongly advise against you stating the reason for visit is to help out as this alone can also be a reason for refusal. Your mother in law has to be seen as an independent self sufficient person with ties to her home country and good financial stance so she can fulfill the visa requirements

I was in a similar situation in the UK (different country same problem) whereby parent was refused visa on very similar grounds. I re applied and provided the evidence which whom they refused her and thankfully she was granted the visitor visa