ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Detailed Public Funds guidance

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SaidyS
Newly Registered

Re: Detailed Public Funds guidance

Post by SaidyS » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:56 am

Hello Goodmorning, just wanted an insight on No Recourse to Public Funds..I've applied for FLR based on the fact that I'm the main carer for my British child..the first time I applied i received RECOURSE TO PUBLIC FUNDS..I've applied the second time and it has now stated NO RECOURSE TO PUBLIC FUNDS..can someone please help me.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:54 am

You will have to write to HO and ask for the restriction to be removed as you did not have it previously.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by New on forum » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:30 am

SaidyS wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:56 am
Hello Goodmorning, just wanted an insight on No Recourse to Public Funds..I've applied for FLR based on the fact that I'm the main carer for my British child..the first time I applied i received RECOURSE TO PUBLIC FUNDS..I've applied the second time and it has now stated NO RECOURSE TO PUBLIC FUNDS..can someone please help me.
Hi,
Just a question if you could please answer ,
Are you a lone parent?
If not did you apply as a partner ?
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:29 am

New on forum wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:30 am
SaidyS wrote:
Hi,
Are you a lone parent?
Thanks
Did you not read the OPs opening post propely??? (highlighted above for you in red)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by New on forum » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:05 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:29 am
New on forum wrote:
SaidyS wrote:
Hi,
Are you a lone parent?
Thanks
Did you not read the OPs opening post propely??? (highlighted above for you in red)
But how does being main carer indicate that op is a lone parent or not.
For example I am not a single parent but I am primary carer to my child.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:13 pm

New on forum wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:05 pm
CR001 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:29 am
New on forum wrote:
SaidyS wrote:
Hi,
Are you a lone parent?
Thanks
But how does being main carer indicate that op is a lone parent or not.
For example I am not a single parent but I am primary carer to my child.
Clearly a parent route if application was based on being the main carer. If OP was with a partner, a parent route would have failed. Partner route also does not give recourse to public funds as the first visa in the OPs case did.

Please, this is not a topic for FLR(FP) questions, but specifically regarding public funds. If you have questions, post in one of your topics or start a new one.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by New on forum » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:20 pm

Thanks cr001 for clarifications. :D

SaidyS
Newly Registered

Post by SaidyS » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:14 pm

Thank you..what are the chances of the restrictions being lifted?

SaidyS
Newly Registered

Post by SaidyS » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:29 am

Hi admin...would like to know how likely are my chances for an application for change of conditions on my BRP to be approved...and what's the normal waiting time?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:17 pm

No one on the forum (a group of strangers) can answer that. We don't know your full circumstances so would only be guessing if anything.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

SaidyS
Newly Registered

Post by SaidyS » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:48 pm

Thanks

Kashif_Hussain
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Kashif_Hussain » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:47 pm

You will be considered destitute either if you do not have access to ‘adequate accommodation’ or cannot meet ‘essential living needs’ now or within the next 14 days.

Fill application form: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... NRPF10.pdf

As a lone parent you have high chances of having the restrictions to be removed.

In relation to destitution, the HO may ask you to provide the following types of information:
  • Evidence about their most recent accommodation, where this was and why this accommodation is no longer available. This will usually be in the form of a letter from the person who has been supporting them.
    A list of prior addresses, with details of how long the appellant stayed at each address and why this support can no longer continue.
    Evidence of any charitable support the appellant has received, and/or their attempts to seek charitable support.
    Copy of any bank / credit card statements for the last 6 months.
    Lone parents may be asked for evidence of attempts to seek maintenance from the father / mother of the child.
    Those who previously had permission to work or have worked illegally may be asked for their latest P60 and/ or wage slips, plus evidence that they are no longer entitled to work.
    For those who are living in private rented accommodation, the rental agreement and any requests to leave the property.
    For those who have previously claimed mainstream benefits, evidence they are no longer entitled (e.g. a letter from the DWP).
Waiting time 60-120 days approx.
Engage your MP asap.

SaidyS
Newly Registered

Post by SaidyS » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:48 am

Thank you so much for the insight..i was on benefits before..these were
Housing Benefits
Council Tax Reduction
Working and Child Tax Credit.
However due to HO renewing my BRO with NRPF, Child Tax and Working Tax credit has stopped and Hosung Benefits aswell as council tax are both on suspension as I informed them that I've sent in for NRPF to be lifted..
It's been 4 weeks now and I'm awaiting the HO decision.
Forgot to say that I was working Part time on low income. But had to stop as I'm heavily pregnant and found out that I'm not entitled to Maternity Pay as apparently I haven't accumulated enough hours.