ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship Application Refused, Not meet the English Requirment

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chefzaldyph
Newly Registered

British Citizenship Application Refused, Not meet the English Requirment

Post by chefzaldyph » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:55 pm

Been here living in the UK for 16 years with ILR since 2007, then I decided to apply for BC last April 2017 through by post as I believed that I meet all the requirements including ESOL from Trinity College with Entry 3 B1.1 of the CEFR taken from last August 2014 in Leicester. Whilst I am waiting the decision from HO, I received a message from my relative from the Philippines last July that I need to go back to the Philippines to attend a legal representation to my house property. I ask the HO to return my travel document so I can do an emergency travel, which they did. Whilst I was in the Philippines I recieved a letter from HO last August 10 requesting a valid proof of English requirement to be sumitted within 15 days. I replied the HO that I am in the Philippines and the only I can provide is the ESOL that I submitted with them during my application. I retured in the UK last August 26. Then on September 5, I recieved a letter from HO that my application was refused with the reason your not taken a test in an approved test centre...
My question is is my ESOl is not valid? Which is one is better? apply for reconsideration or reapply the whole process? thank you for any answers.

zapzap

Re: British Citizenship Application Refused, Not meet the English Requirment

Post by zapzap » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:16 am

You can no longer use ESOL qualifications as proof for citizenship applications. From November 2015, an English language qualifications from the Home Office approved list of acceptable qualifications will be accepted

alterhase58
Germany

Re: British Citizenship Application Refused, Not meet the English Requirment

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:44 am

Review the English Requirement here:
https://www.gov.uk/english-language
If you do not supply the correct documentation the Home Office is likely to refuse applications.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.