ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET(LR) supporting documents confusion

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tier2man
Newly Registered

ILR SET(LR) supporting documents confusion

Post by tier2man » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:24 am

Hello all,

I am a bit confused regarding which supporting documents to provide for my ILR long residence application after reading the application guidance and the guidelines for HO staff.

My history is -

2007 - 2011 Student Visa (Bachelors Degree)
2011 - 2013 PSW
2013 - 2016 Tier 2 Work Permit
2016 - 2017 Student Visa (Masters degree)

Now what I worked out from reading other threads in the forum and from the application form is only the below supporting documents are need -

1. Current Passport
2. Previous Passport
3. Current BRP
4. Life in UK pass certificate
5. Degree Certificate

I have all of these documents ready. But From some other topics I see that other people are submitting a lot of other documents such as payslips, P60s, flight details, tickets, tenancy agreements, utility bills etc.

I have many of these documents but i don't have all. For example I have 5 P60 documents of 5 random years, I have some payslips randomly from different years. The same goes with flight tickets and utility bills. My question is, are these documents required? If so, then should I submit all that I have ? What is the purpose of these documents? is it to prove my presence in UK? But the presence can be proven with the immigration seal in my passport..

Please someone shed some light on exactly what documents are required as I am really confused.

many thanks

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: ILR SET(LR) supporting documents confusion

Post by iworker » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:39 am

your list is good enough.
extra docs are required if you are missing passports which had proof of your leave.

tier2man
Newly Registered

Post by tier2man » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:54 pm

Thank you for your reply.

When I applied for my student visa last year, I had to go back to my country and apply from there - I came back within 2 months but I had to leave because my current visa was about to expire. So, I didn't have any tie with UK so to speak during that time. I had submitted my student visa application within 28 days of leaving the UK though. Should I provide any documents showing my student visa application submission date? Or will it unnecessarily complicate things?

many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:56 pm

Should I provide any documents showing my student visa application submission date?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.