ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Holiday Visa - 6 months.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

adamgough
Newly Registered

Holiday Visa - 6 months.

Post by adamgough » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:00 pm

Hi there,

If I have a 3/6 month holiday visa for the UK, can I just leave the country and come straight back to renew for another 3/6 months? I am from the US so do I have to go back there, or can I just hop to France and back?

Many thanks!

Adam

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Holiday Visa - 6 months.

Post by Wanderer » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:21 pm

adamgough wrote:Hi there,

If I have a 3/6 month holiday visa for the UK, can I just leave the country and come straight back to renew for another 3/6 months? I am from the US so do I have to go back there, or can I just hop to France and back?

Many thanks!

Adam
No. 6 months in every 12, soon to be 3 in 12 if the rumours are correct.

You might get away with it, you get caught and accused of entering by deception, wham-bam, ten year ban....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:06 pm

There is no strict rule about 6 in 12 months, but if immigration think that you are using visit visas to settle here then they will refuse you entry.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

t_kaay

Post by t_kaay » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:39 pm

how could you use it to settle here??

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:17 pm

t_kaay wrote:how could you use it to settle here??
A day in France - then back into the UK with another 6 months on your visa. It'll be like living here

MP
Newly Registered

Please help...

Post by MP » Thu May 29, 2008 10:09 pm

Hello,

I am a Ghanain national and since 2003, my wife and I have visited our daughters (studying) in the UK on several occasions on six month visas. Two years ago we were given a two year visitors visa and on two occasions, before the '6 month period' was up, we popped over to Southern Ireland for a week and then returned to the UK so that we would not have to all the way back to our country. We have now returned to Ghana and in the process of re-applying for a visit visa as our daughters will be graduating this summer. We have all the necessary documentation and funding but am worried as to whether our application process will be hindered in any way.

Kindly respond as soon as possible

Many thanks

Adam
[/b]

Rianae
Newly Registered

Post by Rianae » Thu May 29, 2008 11:43 pm

Has it been changed to 3 months yet? What about the £1000 deposit thing?