ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ALL CONFUSED ABOUT THE HSMP VISA!!!PLS HELP GUYS!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Hkalian
Newly Registered

ALL CONFUSED ABOUT THE HSMP VISA!!!PLS HELP GUYS!!!

Post by Hkalian » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:00 pm

Hi guys,

I currently have a work permit but would like to obtain a HSMP for flexibility. I have been onmy work permit for 2yrs and want to apply for Indef leave later. Am i able to use say 3yrs of HSMP along with the 2yrs to get apply for indef leave or does the 2yrs on my work permit not count?
Secondly - Do i have to always be employed when on the highly skilled visa? What happens if i get the highly skilled visa and not emplyed for a month or two? Will this affect my indef leave to remain application?

Thanks for your help!!

anjali_devi

RTFM...

Post by anjali_devi » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:04 pm

All of this is answered here before, Please wander around and check before asking....

Hkalian
Newly Registered

Re: RTFM...

Post by Hkalian » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:24 pm

anjali_devi wrote:All of this is answered here before, Please wander around and check before asking....
Hi,

I have wandered around and did not find anything about whether I am allowed to be without a job on an HSMP without it affecting my Indef Leave to remain!

Please advise...

MrBaboo

Post by MrBaboo » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:42 pm

Being unemployed for a month or two while on the HSMP should not be a problem for ILR purposes.

I believe you need to show some evidence of economic activity for each year of the 5 years claimed for ILR so the longer you are unemployed, the more it may reduce your ability to do this.

It would be good to hear from senior members on how rigid the requirements are for showing this economic activity. It's always good to know the minimum can get away with especially with those nasty economic storm clouds on the horizon...