ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

refused citizenship because of continuous reckonable residence year- Advice needed

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

confusedDMH
Newly Registered
Ireland

refused citizenship because of continuous reckonable residence year- Advice needed

Post by confusedDMH » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:07 pm

Hi All,

Did anyone by any chance face a situation were their citizenship was not approved because they didn't satisfy the continuous reckonable residence in the year before they applied.
In my case i was away 7 weeks in a bulk and was deemed in eligible for that. although i don't have any breaks in my stamps.
My question is i want to apply again and nearly a year has passed since my last application but i have almost 8 weeks of absence during the year ( 3 weeks at beginning of the year and 4 weeks during summer) and one weekend away in the middle if that would count. my absences are not business related it is mainly spending time with family back home as my parents are elderly and 2 weeks of those i was actually working remotely.
Does anyone know if this would be considered as a break to the continuous year and would this negatively impact my application.

I would appreciate any thoughts on this
Thanks

Tatalo
Ireland

Re: refused citizenship because of continuous reckonable residence year- Advice needed

Post by Tatalo » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:08 pm

Did you explain your absence in the application? you need to attach an explanation for an absence of more than 6 weeks for every year.

confusedDMH
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: refused citizenship because of continuous reckonable residence year- Advice needed

Post by confusedDMH » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:45 pm

I did actually- but I didn't provide solid evidence. Will do that next time but I am.just worried about the continuous year before my new application with nearly 8 weeks absence that they won't consider me as ineligible :(

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:19 pm

I'm not sure why was your first application rejected. I know a friend who was away for 6 months, provided a separate sheet and simply said that he was away because one of his relative had died. He got his approval in 5 months. He did not provide any proof either.

Did you not mention in your first application that you were away because of your family?

I plan to apply for passport shortly and I was away for 7 weeks in one year and 2.5 months in another. I am thinking of submitting the electricity bills as proof that I was residing in Ireland and I was only away due to family emergencies. Not sure if that is going to work or not.

What sort of proofs are planning to give them the next time?

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:23 pm

I also think that they only refuse the citizenship application if you were away for more than 6 weeks (six continuous weeks). If you you were away for less than that time and randomly during the year, that should not impact the application.
According to the EU Directive, any one can be away for a total of 6 months during a year (on Stamp 4 EU Fam). Not sure what's the situation with other stamps. What stamp do you have?

water_tank1
Ireland

Post by water_tank1 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:43 pm

How would they even know your away out of the country?

When you depart from Ireland regardless of your nationality you don't stamp out of the country only when you return.

Cz2015
Ireland

Post by Cz2015 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:13 pm

confusedDMH wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:07 pm
Hi All,

Did anyone by any chance face a situation were their citizenship was not approved because they didn't satisfy the continuous reckonable residence in the year before they applied.
In my case i was away 7 weeks in a bulk and was deemed in eligible for that. although i don't have any breaks in my stamps.
My question is i want to apply again and nearly a year has passed since my last application but i have almost 8 weeks of absence during the year ( 3 weeks at beginning of the year and 4 weeks during summer) and one weekend away in the middle if that would count. my absences are not business related it is mainly spending time with family back home as my parents are elderly and 2 weeks of those i was actually working remotely.
Does anyone know if this would be considered as a break to the continuous year and would this negatively impact my application.

Thanks
What was yore timeline? Did u get to second stage before being refused? And what was the basses of ur application?

confusedDMH
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by confusedDMH » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:04 pm

Alixlboy wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:19 pm
I'm not sure why was your first application rejected. I know a friend who was away for 6 months, provided a separate sheet and simply said that he was away because one of his relative had died. He got his approval in 5 months. He did not provide any proof either.

Did you not mention in your first application that you were away because of your family?

I plan to apply for passport shortly and I was away for 7 weeks in one year and 2.5 months in another. I am thinking of submitting the electricity bills as proof that I was residing in Ireland and I was only away due to family emergencies. Not sure if that is going to work or not.

What sort of proofs are planning to give them the next time?
I did mention it was due to family matters but probably i ll need to add some hospital reports or something

confusedDMH
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by confusedDMH » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:05 pm

Alixlboy wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:23 pm
I also think that they only refuse the citizenship application if you were away for more than 6 weeks (six continuous weeks). If you you were away for less than that time and randomly during the year, that should not impact the application.
According to the EU Directive, any one can be away for a total of 6 months during a year (on Stamp 4 EU Fam). Not sure what's the situation with other stamps. What stamp do you have?
I am applying on basis of stamp 3 then 1 because i started working recently

confusedDMH
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by confusedDMH » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:08 pm

Cz2015 wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:13 pm
confusedDMH wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:07 pm
Hi All,

Thanks
What was yore timeline? Did u get to second stage before being refused? And what was the basses of ur application?
well the only letter i received was when the returned the passport at the start and then after 8 month i received the letter that i am not eligible and this was sent by the initial processing team

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:37 am

That's hilarious! I think that the rules for people on dependant visa might be different from people on EU-FAM visa, or the passport guys simply do whatever they want. I mean what's the point in refusing someone's genuine application for something like that? This makes no sense whatsoever.
and yes, I would suggest that you make another application and mention why your application was refused before and also include some more proofs.

confusedDMH
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by confusedDMH » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:33 am

Alixlboy wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:37 am
That's hilarious! I think that the rules for people on dependant visa might be different from people on EU-FAM visa, or the passport guys simply do whatever they want. I mean what's the point in refusing someone's genuine application for something like that? This makes no sense whatsoever.
and yes, I would suggest that you make another application and mention why your application was refused before and also include some more proofs.
Yes i will lodge a new application just trying to figure out the best time to do this
I am just worried because last year i was out of the country 7 weeks ( not continuous) and i am afraid they will consider this as a break to the continuous year and refuse my application again :(