ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Separate SET(O) for wife and child

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

longgapilr

Separate SET(O) for wife and child

Post by longgapilr » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:31 pm

Hi there,

I got the ILR and now we want to apply for an ILR for my wife and child (born outside the UK). I was on Tier 2 (General) and my wife and child were my dependents on Tier 2 (General).

Due to cash constraints, we couldn't all apply for the ILR at the same time.

My question is this:

Can we include our child in my wife's ILR application form as a dependent even though she is a housewife and both of them were dependents on my Tier 2 (General) visa or should we fill in a separate SET(O) application form for our child?

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Separate SET(O) for wife and child

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:36 pm

Can we include our child in my wife's ILR application form as a dependent
Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

newjoiner86
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by newjoiner86 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:59 am

longgapilr wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:31 pm
Hi there,

I got the ILR and now we want to apply for an ILR for my wife and child (born outside the UK). I was on Tier 2 (General) and my wife and child were my dependents on Tier 2 (General).

Due to cash constraints, we couldn't all apply for the ILR at the same time.

My question is this:

Can we include our child in my wife's ILR application form as a dependent even though she is a housewife and both of them were dependents on my Tier 2 (General) visa or should we fill in a separate SET(O) application form for our child?

Thanks in advance
Hi longgapilr,

First of all congratulation on getting your ILR. I was having a look on this forum for Tier 2 to ILR applications with a gap in employment of more than 60 days as I'm facing this situation at the moment. I came across your posts related to this issue and I understand you filed for an Admin review post your initial rejection of ILR.

Would you kindly share your experience of Admin Review/Appeal that eventually led to the approval of your ILR. It will be very helpful for myself and other members who are in a similar situation. We'll really appreciate if you can guide on this.

Thank you!

longgapilr

Post by longgapilr » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:20 pm

Admin review was unsuccessful.

I had medical issues at the time of the employment gap which I didn't explain when I first applied for the ILR.

Applied second time for the ILR with the following additional documents:

- UK NHS GP letter explaining my medical history including copies of all NHS correspondence and prescriptions
- cover letter from the immigration lawyer explaining the situation and asking the Home Office for discretion due my exceptional circumstances (i.e. medical condition)

Used the premium same day service for the second ILR application as well and got the decision on the same day.

newjoiner86
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by newjoiner86 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:30 pm

Thanks a lot for sharing you experience.

Could you please also share if you went to the same PEO centre again or a different one for your second application.

Thanks!