ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage Visa confusion

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ooid2011
Newly Registered

Marriage Visa confusion

Post by ooid2011 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:42 pm

Hello there,

I'm a british citizen, living and working here. My fiance is turkish. (non eu). Me and my fiancee have given our marriage notice a few weeks ago, while she was in U.K. for her holidays and today we both have received letters from HO, stating that they will not be investigating our marriage case and it should go ahead in 28 days notice as usual. On my fiancee's letter, it states that she must obtain the appropriate marriage/civil partnership visa before the ceremony goes ahead.

She is currently in turkey, not in U.K. and she does have a multiple entry visa until 2019. We are really not sure which visa to apply, when we looked at marriage visa options it is for people who is not planning to settle in U.K. unlike us?

We have already arranged our ceremony, booked the venue and loads of preparations for december so really currently not sure what to do? We assumed that we would just get married while she is here and then she would go back and get her spouse visa at some point? There is also fiancee visa option which is really confusing. A help would really be appreciated as the whole thing is quite confusing.

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Marriage Visa confusion

Post by Casa » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:05 pm

An application for a fiance visa submitted in your fiancee's home country is your only option if you want to marry in the UK.

As you've already discovered, it's not permitted to marry in the UK while on a standard visitor visa. :idea:

The fiance visa fee will be £1464 and the FLR(M) visa which will be applied for after the wedding is £933 (postal) + £500 NHS surcharge.
If you choose to apply for FLR(M) in person at a Premium Service Centre (PSC), there will be an additional fee of £590.

Your spouse will be unable to work until the FLR(M) visa has been granted and postal applications can take 12 weeks or more to process.

Do you meet the minimum income level of £18,600 p.a ?

Has your fiancee passed the mandatory A1 level English test from a Home Office approved test provider?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.