ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport for the baby born in india to uk father and indian mother

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ak01
Newly Registered

British passport for the baby born in india to uk father and indian mother

Post by ak01 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:51 pm

Hi,
I am recently blessed with a baby boy last week in india.I am a British citizen acquired by naturalisation and my wife is an Indian citizen with ILR.i want to apply for british passport for the new born.To prove the address proof in india for my wife,she got driving license and bank account which she got in 2014 after our marriage.Her indian passport holds my name as her surname since it was taken after marriage.unfortunatley,though the indian driving license and bank account was done in 2014 after marriage,it has my wife's name with her father's initials and my name is not mentioned anywhere.During submission of te application of thr british passport through VFS Global,chennai Is it going to create any problem or is it ok to produce a affidavit signed by a lawyer in india to say that both person are one and the same.
If the above is not acceptable then i have to change the name details in driving license and bank account which take time.Since i have to leave for Uk this week Your valuable suggestion at the earliest is very much appreciated.Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British passport for the baby born in india to uk father and indian mother

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:19 pm

Are you aware that a British passport from India can take 6 to 12 months?

Why not apply for RoA/CoE in an Indian passport and do the British passport once baby is back in the UK using the one week fast track.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:27 pm

Also strongly recommended to obtain a British consular birth certificate:
https://www.gov.uk/register-a-birth
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction.

ak01
Newly Registered

Post by ak01 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:19 am

Hi CR001&JAJ,
Thanks for your prompt response.my wife came for delivery to India alongwith my daughter in july 2017 and my daughter is contnuing her school this year in india which will finishes in april/may 2018.so i am planning to bring them back to uk after that.so i am in no rush.only thing is i am planning to prpare all the required documents before i leave for uk so that my wife will able to submit the passport application in october this year in my absence.
When i looked for the required docs for overseas passport application ,home offce is asking for mothers address proof in India where there was confusion as i posted.Any info regarding this will be really helpful.
Since i am planning to bring them in may/june 2018,i didnot really look into COE/ROA route so far as of now.Thanks.

vasanthkumar15
Newly Registered

Post by vasanthkumar15 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:27 pm

Apply for ROA at it is quicker

Hi all,
I would like to thank everyone who helped me with their suggestions for my baby's ROA application.
My application was successful and got my baby's ROA in less than a week. In 3 working days my baby's application was processed.My daughter was born in India to a Naturalised British Father and Indian Mother.I hope this will help someone who is in a similiar situation.I submitted as many documents as I could, but there are no strict guidlines of what you should and shouldn't submit as supporting evidence.

Timeline for the application was:

Submitted at Chennai VFS: 01/11/2017
Received at Sheffield Processing Centre: 02/11/2017
Application processed and dispatched: 6/11/2017 (received an email)
Received at my place: 7/11/2017

Documents I submitted were:

For my Baby

1. Baby's birth certificate
2. TB Certificate from approved hospital in Chennai
3. Babys's hospital records from hospital in India
4. Baby's Hospital Discharge Summary Sheet.
5. Print out of the Completed online application form

For Parents

6.Cover letter from Father
7.Cover letter from Mother
8.Father's Naturalization certificate
9.Father's British Passport Copy - Notarised
10.Mother's Indian Passport Copy, with UK VISA page and BRP copy-Notarised.
11.Mother's Birth Certifcate
12.Father's Birth Certificate
13.Father's Employer Reference letter
14.Father's Last 6 months Payslips
15.Father's Last 3 years P60's
16.Home Owenershp - Land Registry Document
17.Last 3 months Uitility Bills- Gas,Electric and landline
18.Indian Marriage Certificate
19.Some Photos take when Wife was pregnant, Photos with the baby after delivery
20.Some photos from our wedding.
21.Wife's hospiatl records from the UK for the first 4 months of pregnancy
22.Wifes's hospitale records from India for the last 6 months of pregnancy
23.Hospital Bills
24.Wife's UK GP registration letter from NHS
25.Wife's NI numver registration
26.Wife's UK Poll card copy

Please take photocopies of all the documents inlcluding the photos.All our documents were scanned at the VFS office and all original documents were returned to us straightaway. They only kept our babies passport.They scan all the documents and send it to the UK.

I hope this information would help anyone applying for the same.

I thank everyone ones again for their timely help.

Best regards,
V