ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation + passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rmahtani
Newly Registered

Naturalisation + passport application

Post by rmahtani » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:11 pm

Hello, I have a silly question

I applied for naturalisation in June. I see everyone in the timeline thread saying they applied for passports at the same time. How did they do that? I only submitted the forms and documents but there was no mention of passport application in the booklet or guidance notes.

Can anyone clarify? I guess in my case I would need to apply once I have the certificate in my hands.

Ta!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation + passport application

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:19 pm

they applied for passports at the same time. How did they do that?
It is through the JCAP scheme (joint citizenship and passport scheme) available through NCS at the council. Did you apply yourself by post??
I only submitted the forms and documents but there was no mention of passport application in the booklet or guidance notes.

Form AN booklet and guidance notes do state this as passport application form and guidance are separate documents.
Can anyone clarify? I guess in my case I would need to apply once I have the certificate in my hands.
Correct yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rmahtani
Newly Registered

Post by rmahtani » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:22 pm

Ah! yes I did apply by post. I wanted to save myself the fee (although compared to the cost of the application itself is not like I have made a massive saving!)

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:23 pm

NCS charges are between £65 and £90, worthwhile to most for a number of reasons.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.