ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 Visa Extension.

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

max0486
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Tier2 Visa Extension.

Post by max0486 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:53 am

Dear members,

I have a few queries regarding my upcoming Tier-2 Extension. I believe this is better to clarify things before applying for visa rather than regretting later after making mistake.

First give you some insight about my situation. I am currently on Tier2 (General) visa. My employer is A-Rated, i meet the £30,000 experienced salary requirement. I have the same job title as initially assigned 3 years back when i applied for Tier2 visa (I switched from Tier4 to Tier2 3 years back).
I am planning to apply using the premium service.

- My job is under SOC Code 2139 for which the experienced salary is £28,900. The salary is based on [Source: Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings 2016]. My current salary is £30,500 based on 40 hours per week.
May i please know how many hours the £28,900 salary is based using source as Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings 2016.

- Do i need to provide the bank statement for my visa extension?
- Do i need to provide the payslips for my visa extension?
- What documents i need to provide for my visa extension (i believe i must provide passports, current BRP, two passport size photos), IHS payment receipt, Visa application fee receipt). Any other documents that i need to provide please?

- Apparently the Home office has introduced a new question in the application as below,

*YOUR IDENTITY CARD (PAKISTAN)
Do you have a valid national identity card? This includes identity cards issued from non-UK governments . This does not include driving licenses. (YES/NO).

The system will let me continue regardless YES or NO answer.
The problem is that i don't have the National Identity Card in English(I have identity card which is in URDU language issued by NADRA). Where shall i translate the identity card from? One of my friend visa was rejected for presenting a translated copy attested from solicitor and the reason given was "ID CARD TRANSLATION NEEDED FROM ISSUING AUTHORITY.
The issuing authority of the ID cards which is NADRA Pakistan won't translate it (They can issue a new one in English but it takes up to 3 weeks and i don't have time).

Does Home office accept translated documents? What is meant by certified translation?
I am confused and scared to be honest.

Thanks in advance for taking the time out to read this and would appreciate your response and experiences.

I am sure there will be members who may have recently applied for Tier2 extension using the same application.

swasm05
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier2 Visa Extension.

Post by swasm05 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:48 am

Hi, did you have to submit the national identity card?
Thanks.
Regards,

max0486
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Tier2 Visa Extension.

Post by max0486 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:02 pm

swasm05 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:48 am
Hi, did you have to submit the national identity card?
Thanks.
Regards,
I got my Tier2 visa extension approval today.
My appointment was at Croydon premium service center at 11am. My visa was approved at 16:00.
The visa center was very busy and it took 4 hrs from taking the token at front desk to ''under consideration" by case worker. Once the visa was under consideration by the case worker, it was concluded within an hour.

The documents i submitted were below,

- Application form
- Documents check list
- All passports
- BRP card
- 2 Passport size photos
- CNIC (Pakistan identity card). It was in Urdu language, so i translated it from a CIOL registered translator and attached it.
- IHS payment recipt
- Visa application payment receipt

One other important thing to mention is following,

-if the COS was incorrectly issued as ISC Exempt, the Home office won't refuse your visa but inform your employer to pay ISC charges in 13 days.

- If the COS was incorrectly issued as ISC Liable (Which was my case as for my extension it wasn't needed but employer paid ISC charges by mistake), Home office won't refuse your visa but will refund the charges back to the employer.

Hope this helps someone.
Let me know if anyone has any doubts about tier2 application process and i will be more than happy to help.