ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

durable relationship - how long?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sammt
Newly Registered

durable relationship - how long?

Post by sammt » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:56 pm

Hi. I'm likley to move to Ireland for work in the next three months. I have been with my partner for eight months, but he is in the process of divorcing his wife. He is from Tunisia. I have an Irish and GB passport, and I'd like him to come too. Our plan was for him to reapply to be with me on a GB fiance Visa - but I don't know what happens if I'm in Irelance. I will be an EU worker (I presume... It will be the first time I will have lived in Ireland...) but I won't have lived with him for two years... Does anyone know the requirements for a durable relationship? I can prove we have been together for that time... Any info gratefully received...

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: durable relationship - how long?

Post by Wanderer » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:06 pm

sammt wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:56 pm
Hi. I'm likley to move to Ireland for work in the next three months. I have been with my partner for eight months, but he is in the process of divorcing his wife. He is from Tunisia. I have an Irish and GB passport, and I'd like him to come too. Our plan was for him to reapply to be with me on a GB fiance Visa - but I don't know what happens if I'm in Irelance. I will be an EU worker (I presume... It will be the first time I will have lived in Ireland...) but I won't have lived with him for two years... Does anyone know the requirements for a durable relationship? I can prove we have been together for that time... Any info gratefully received...
Two years.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: durable relationship - how long?

Post by Casa » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:53 pm

You will also have to submit documented evidence of co-habitation throughout the minimum 2 year period, which would include examples such as joint finances and tenancy or mortgage, both names on bills etc. At present, you fall well short of qualifying.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.