ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

One small question, your help needed.

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

siddu
Newly Registered

One small question, your help needed.

Post by siddu » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:59 pm

Hi,
I'm looking forward to migrate to Australia. I checked with some websites and since i'm a computer programmer I fall under this category.
http://www.aust-immig-book.com.au/skill ... analy.html

Can somebody tell me whether I've to secure a job first in Australia and only then apply for the visa or can I just apply for the VISA without having secured a job there. Is it possible for me to come there and seek the job myself, without the help of any agencies?

Thanks a lot for your replies

CadieE1
Newly Registered

Post by CadieE1 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:50 am

My sister is in the process of applying to immigrate to australia. Her husband is on the Short Skill List in IT (J2EE). They have applied without a job offer and have just been invited to supply the next lot of information, medicals and police clearance. So depending on what you do in IT and which list you are on maybe the same applies for you.