ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please advise

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Diomond

Please advise

Post by Diomond » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:21 pm

Hi folks, hvnt used this forum for 5 years now zlets see if good people r still around. I m holder of 4 eufam due to expire soon , what would be better and quick to do to apply for parmanent 4eufam or change the status to a parent of irish citizen child. Can i do tht staright attending the immigration office and if there is any registration fee for doing that.applying citizenship soon so not worrying for parmanent residency. Thanks in advance

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: Please advise

Post by Alixlboy » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:33 pm

I'd suggest that you should keep the ''parent of Irish citizen child'' option as a back-up (in case if anything goes wrong - which hopefully will not in your case).
My brother is thinking about apply for parent of irish child, as he got a letter from Immigration asking for 2 years history for his EU spouse ( scary! :D )
I asked the immigration council and they said that my brother will have to apply for the parent of irish child status and the application might take a good few months.
So I think and suggest that you should go for the PR and eventually get either PR or citizenship application approved.
Some of the parent of irish child cases are complicated. It says on the website that someone who has current permission to reside in Ireland can go to the local immigration office, however, if the case is complex, then it is advised to apply using the application form.
You can still try and go to the local immigration office and see what they say.

Diomond

Post by Diomond » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:52 pm

Thanks for the reply. In fact i dont hv any issue applying for pr but only annoying thing is over 6 month time and visit to immigration twice where as a parent of irish child would mean no waiting and only one visit to garda. The only issue with this is do i need an apointment or i can go staright and if there is any fee for change of status

dupalsky

Post by dupalsky » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:02 am

Hey Diamond,

Assuming the eu citizen has been exercising his right, I would STRONGLY advice that you apply for permanent residency. Yes, you have to wait for 6 months for the process but you will get 10 years stamp(meaning, you will not have anything to do with the immigration), also it's the normal progression of things in the line of your status.

Dupalsky