ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsor's Passport

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rolex19
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa

Post by Rolex19 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:03 pm

Very Good Evening,

I wonder if the experts could please assist me with this. My wife's spouse visa application is currently being considered by the UKBA, but she's just giving birth whilst waiting for her application to be processed, she's currently back home in my country while am here in the Uk.

I'm an ILR holder and not too sure what the procedures are for the new born baby, do we have to apply for a separate visa for the baby whilst the Mom's application is being processed even though it was clearly stated in the Mom's application that she's expecting our first baby.

I'd very much appreciate your assistance/help with this as am confused as to how to go about applying for a new born baby visa.

I look forward to receiving from you soon.

Thank you very much in advance.

humbleguy
Mood:
Afghanistan

Re: Spouse Visa

Post by humbleguy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:03 am

if you have a settlement status in the UK, your baby automatically qualifies for UK citizenship via the Right of Abode route, so you can directly apply for a British passport at the local embassy where he/she is currently living.

This is how much I know right now. Please do wait for some experts to give you more information about this. Please bear in mind sometimes it can take +6 months to get british passport for child overseas, probably you will need to do DNA tests to prove he is yours etc.

Rolex19
Newly Registered

Post by Rolex19 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:26 am

Hi Humbleguy,

Many thanks for your contribution, much appreciated.

i'll also wait for experts to provide further information on this as you've suggested.

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:51 am

I wonder if the experts could please assist me with this. My wife's spouse visa application is currently being considered by the UKBA, but she's just giving birth whilst waiting for her application to be processed, she's currently back home in my country while am here in the Uk.
If the child was born abroad in home country, the child will have to apply for a visa in line with the mothers visa and will follow the same path, 5 years residence and then ILR. There is no benefit to the baby if born overseas if you hold ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:54 am

humbleguy wrote:if you have a settlement status in the UK, your baby automatically qualifies for UK citizenship via the Right of Abode route, so you can directly apply for a British passport at the local embassy where he/she is currently living.

This is how much I know right now. Please do wait for some experts to give you more information about this. Please bear in mind sometimes it can take +6 months to get british passport for child overseas, probably you will need to do DNA tests to prove he is yours etc.
Incorrect. A child born abroad to a person holding ILR is NOT British and will follow the same immigration path as the mother, 5 years residence (2 x settlement visas and then ILR).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rolex19
Newly Registered

Post by Rolex19 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:07 pm

Hi CR001,

Many thanks for your input. I'd appreciate if you could please assist me with my initial question.

I really don't know how to proceed with this.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:06 pm

Same process as the application for your wife, child settlement visa and Appendix FM.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Rolex19
Newly Registered

Post by Rolex19 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:12 pm

Thanks CR001, much appreciated.

Rolex19
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Accomodation requirement

Post by Rolex19 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:09 am

Hello,

I would like to know if a one bedroom flat with separate bedroom, lounge, Spam and bathroom be deemed adequate for my wife and few months old baby for the purpose of accommodation requirement for spouse visa application.

I'd appreciate your help with this.

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:46 am

Should be fine.

Please keep all questions in a single for topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Rolex19
Newly Registered

Post by Rolex19 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:30 am

CR001 wrote:Should be fine.

Please keep all questions in a single for topic.
Thanks CR001. No problem, will do that next time. Thank you.

Rolex19
Newly Registered

Sponsor's Passport

Post by Rolex19 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:13 pm

Hello All,

I'd greatly appreciate your assistance with this please.

I'm currently in the process of applying for my partner's spouse visa application and would like to know if I have to get my passport (Sponsor's passport) notarized/certified by public notary officer or just ordinary photocopies of all pages will be sufficient as sponsor's identification as I do not want to send my original passport to them. This is because I have some travelling to do in the next few months.

Basically, I would like to know if it's mandatory for the sponsor to have copies of his/her passport certified by a public notary officer or just ordinary photocopies will be deemed sufficient by UKBA to meet the identification requirement for spouse visa application.

Many thanks in advance.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Sponsor's Passport

Post by Casa » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:19 pm

Rolex19 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:13 pm
Hello All,

I'd greatly appreciate your assistance with this please.

I'm currently in the process of applying for my partner's spouse visa application and would like to know if I have to get my passport (Sponsor's passport) notarized/certified by public notary officer or just ordinary photocopies of all pages will be sufficient as sponsor's identification as I do not want to send my original passport to them. This is because I have some travelling to do in the next few months.

Basically, I would like to know if it's mandatory for the sponsor to have copies of his/her passport certified by a public notary officer or just ordinary photocopies will be deemed sufficient by UKBA to meet the identification requirement for spouse visa application.

Many thanks in advance.
Passport photocopies which aren't certified won't be accepted. The Post Office offer this service for a reasonable fee.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Rolex19
Newly Registered

Re: Sponsor's Passport

Post by Rolex19 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:25 pm

Hi Casa,

Many thanks for your quick response, much appreciated.

So I can work in to any Post Office and get my Passport certified.

Many thanks for this piece of information.