ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Boyfriend an Overstayer - please help!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rawgirl
Newly Registered

Boyfriend an Overstayer - please help!

Post by rawgirl » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:49 pm

Thank you for reading this and any advice or help will be greatly appreciated :)

I am a UK resident and i met my boyfriend who is a Malaysian national through some friends.

He came to the UK in Jan 2006 on a 6 month visitors visa. We started dating approx 14 months ago which is the main reason for his overstay. We have discussed that if we want to lead a 'normal' life, the only solution is for him to return to Malaysia and apply through the proper channels and try to come back to the UK.

My questions are as follows:

1. Will there be risks when he leaves the UK due to his overstay?
2. Will they record the information of the overstay at the exit check and affect any future applications?

Should he manage to return to Malaysia successfully without being 'checked', what options has he got in returning to the UK?

Student visa? Fiancee visa? Marriage?

Also, what are his chances in entering the UK again on a VV? Or how long does he have to wait until he can visit again?

Thanks again

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:01 pm

See also New 'blacklist' periods for overstayers and Overstayer, illegant immigrant be aware of the new law..

Visitors may be refused entry/entry clearance if they are seen seeking to spend more than six out of twelve months in the UK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:17 pm

There is the usual Work Permit, HSMP, etc. But if he doesn't qualify for those and he's still under 31, there's the Working Holiday Maker visa.