ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Course Fees - 3 year course

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gab1234
Newly Registered

Credibility Interview

Post by gab1234 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:39 pm

Hi. I've just returned from the Visa Application Center where I handed my documents and had my biometrics taken. After my biometrics, I went to a room where there was a headset and a man in Sheffield conducting my interview. After reading a lot on the internet I've been really worried about my interview, so I did a lot of intensive research on my college, course, campus, campus city, the UK, etc.. But when it came to it, at the start my interviewer asked me to keep my answers short and clear as he was writing them down. When he asked me something and I answered he would cut me in-between answer so he could write it down. He asked me to stop speaking multiple times in between my answers which was very disheartening as I feel I might have ended up maybe giving some vague answers that I feel I could have elaborated on some more. But everytime I replied, he never asked me to extend on the information I gave. Not once. My interview went on for maybe 10-15 minutes, and I think I was asked less than ten questions. Is this usually a good or bad sign? My friends say it's a good sign as it shows he was probably satisfied with the answers I gave and seemed to know a lot about my course. Am I worrying about something some people would be happy about?

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Credibility Interview

Post by sah10406 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:59 pm

gab1234 wrote:Am I worrying about something some people would be happy about?
Yes.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

mohammed1980

Post by mohammed1980 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:24 pm

Hello, how come they interviewed you on the day of submission of documents? They need to first accept your application, give your a file no, then read through your documents and make sure your documents are genuine and the last stage is interview.

I am a bit confused how they could interview you immediately after biometrics? As far as I know there is no same day service for Tier 4.

Could you please explain.

gab1234
Newly Registered

Post by gab1234 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:49 pm

Well, this is my first time ever applying for any kind of visa and the way it worked was I applied online on the 11th of July, then I had to choose a date for my VAC appointment and I chose the 13th. I went there, submitted my biometrics and had my documents scanned then the person directed me to a room with an interviewer in Sheffield. He asked things about the course and me. Maybe it's different depending on the country you're applying from. Where are you from? I applied in Brazil.

gab1234
Newly Registered

Tier 4 Decision time

Post by gab1234 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:16 pm

Hi! I've applied for a Tier 4 visa at Rio de Janeiro - Brazil, on the website it says 66% processed in 5 days and 100% in 10 days. On the email they told me they aimed to process mine in 15 working days. Heres my timeline: 11 July Online Application, 13 July Biometrics/Interview, 14 July email saying they've received my application on their system, 24 July at 5pm application assigned to an ECO, 25 July at 11am decision has been made and documents being sent back. Now, I'm only receiving those documents on Monday and I can't help but stress out. Is this normal? They've reached a decision in less than 24 hours without asking for extra documents or second interview or anything.. should I be worried? Id expect them to call my bank or something which could take time, but maybe not because my statements were stamped and signed? If anyone has any experience with this, I'd appreciate it thank you!
Edit: this is my first time ever applying for a visa so if this is a silly thread I do apologize. I just don't see a reason why theyd decline me as I been very attentive and had a nice interview so such a quick response has startled me thank you

gab1234
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 4 Decision time

Post by gab1234 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:08 pm

Just to post an update: I have returned from the vac and received my tier 4 visa! Good luck to anyone else applying

gab1234
Newly Registered

Course Fees - 3 year course

Post by gab1234 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:00 pm

Hey guys! I'm here again.
I'm doing a foundation programme that prepares me for university in the UK and I'm looking into undergraduate courses and I was wondering: when I apply for the tier 4 visa again for my undergraduate course, do I have to pay three years of tuition fee upfront or do I only need to pay for the first year tuition fee to apply for the visa?
This is what it says on the guidance:
If you are starting a new course, you must show that you have enough
money to pay for your course fees for the first year of your course or for the
entire course, if it is less than a year long.

So am I right to assume, for a 3 year course, I only have to pay my first year by the time I apply for the visa?
Thanks!

Sir Murphy
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Course Fees - 3 year course

Post by Sir Murphy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:13 am

That is correct, you only need to pay tuition fee for one academic session when applying for your visa and pay the rest during second and third year respectively.