ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Register a child as BC - MN1

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmpwpilr

Register a child as BC - MN1

Post by hsmpwpilr » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:07 am

Thank you for taking time to read this post.

I have a child born in UK before I received ILR. I have recently acquired ILR. Now I want to apply for BC registration for my child.

I want to know the documents I need to send along with MN1 form. As per the form guidelines it requires:

1. Child's birth certificate
2. Child's passport
3. Parent's marriage certificate

Is that sufficient ? Or do I need to send my and my wife's passports as well (to establish that we indeed have ILR).

Secondly, Is it ok if I send the form directly to BAI ? If any of you have not used NCS and submitted the applications by post instead, please let me know your experiences such as any further query by BAI/timeline to get the certificate etc.

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:46 am

Documents required

1) Childs Bith Cert and passport
2) Your Passport with your ILR and the passport on which you enterd the UK on if not the same as your passport with your ILR stamp.Take both yours and your wifes passport, but only one is needed.
3) list of dates in and out of the UK
4) Marriage Cert of parents
5)Completed MN1 form plus childs photos.

I would recomend using the NCS as they make all the nessary copys of passport ect and certify them, so no orriginal paper are sent to the BIA.

My experience was very good, the process took 30min max and I received my daughters Naturalisation Cert back within 10 days.

In fact she will have her new British passport next week.

hsmpwpilr

Post by hsmpwpilr » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:43 pm

Siggi,

Thank you for your response. I think I'll go through NCS. Just couple of questions:

Is the list for the child or parent ? I think the MN1 has a section to fill in child's absences as part of the residence requirement. Would child's passport be sufficient to prove the absences ?

MN1 has a References section that requires a child's photograph. Do I need to carry any additional photographs ?

Regards,

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:24 pm

Sorry if I was'nt that clear, but yes it just the question in the MNI form about in and out. That for the child and the photos are two as requested in the form.

NCS is a wise choose, good luck.

1963British

Post by 1963British » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:16 pm

Siggi wrote, "back within 10 days."

Thats amazing!! Was this a MN1 submission in the last month?

I ask because I submitted a straightfoward MN1 application for each of my children two weeks ago.

I know the Child Registration timeline of 15 weeks does not make sense for stand alone applications because applications submitted with an AN1 will never be processed before the parents.

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:34 pm

Yes, it was a MN1 submission on the 28th Jan 08.

I too was suprise with the speed and result.

What is a AN1 form?

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:48 pm

Maybe he just means AN.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:01 am

Siggi wrote:Documents required

2) Your Passport with your ILR and the passport on which you enterd the UK on if not the same as your passport with your ILR stamp.Take both yours and your wifes passport, but only one is needed.

I would recomend using the NCS as they make all the nessary copys of passport ect and certify them, so no orriginal paper are sent to the BIA.

My experience was very good, the process took 30min max and I received my daughters Naturalisation Cert back within 10 days.

1. Child does not need to have a passport.
2. Only evidence of one parent's ILR is required (for s1(3) registration).
3. Irrelevant for s1(3) registration.
4. Irrelevant for children born on or after 1 July 2006.

You must mean your daughter's registration certificate. I didn't know that NCS did stand-alone child registration applications but if they do, then that course of action is recommended.

Otherwise solicitor-certified copies should be sent to the Home Office. Not originals - because they often get lost.

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:46 am

JAJ,

1)You are wrong the child must have a pasport with a valued visa stamp.
2)Correct only one parents ILR evidence is required
3)It is not irrelevant if the child has travel out of the country
4)Yes again you are right.

My experience was as I wrote and the evidence is what I presented, so maybe that's why it was dealt with so quickly, 10days.

Lastly it is Registration Cert not a Naturalisation Cert

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:50 am

Siggi,
Which NCS did you use? I was under the impression that NCS don`t accept stand alone MN1s?

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:07 am

Barking

jamba
Newly Registered

Post by jamba » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:05 am

Siggi wrote:Documents required

4. My daughter was born on the 15th of July 2006 and i have received a letter from the Home Office wanting a marriage certificate. So I presume that they want marriage certificates in all cases.

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:40 am

Well strictly speaking the parents don't have to be married,but I guess that the marriage cert, just helps with the process.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:18 pm

Siggi wrote:JAJ,

1)You are wrong the child must have a pasport with a valued visa stamp.

3)It is not irrelevant if the child has travel out of the country

Both are irrelevant under section 1(3) of the British Nationality Act, if you wish to look it up you will see that clearly.

1963British

Post by 1963British » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:06 pm

JAJ, do you have any theories as to why one MN1 application appears to race to the front of the pile to get approved while others follow the average timelines?

At this point in time, assuming two otherwise similiar applications, is it the luck of landing in the right pile with the caseworker who wants to move straightforward applications quickly off the pile?

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:43 pm

1963British wrote:JAJ, do you have any theories as to why one MN1 application appears to race to the front of the pile to get approved while others follow the average timelines?

At this point in time, assuming two otherwise similiar applications, is it the luck of landing in the right pile with the caseworker who wants to move straightforward applications quickly off the pile?

Most MN1 applications are linked to an adult's application for naturalisation and cannot normally be approved beforehand.

Only in cases where child has a stand-alone entitlement under law or policy to registration will a case normally be quicker.