ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Received passport, but with a minor mistake

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Skrzyplocz
Newly Registered

Received passport, but with a minor mistake

Post by Skrzyplocz » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:24 pm

After a successful naturalisation, I recently applied for a passport and received it a couple of weeks ago. However, there is a small thing that bugs me. I have a PhD, and therefore put my title as Doctor on the form. According to the official guidance for the official observations section, this is perfectly acceptable, and should be noted that the holder is known as Dr John Smith. However, this has not happened and there is nothing whatsoever on my passport's observations page.

It's not exactly an inconvenience, and I'm not that desperate to have it there anyway, but, in theory, is there a way for making a complaint and receiving a corrected passport?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Received passport, but with a minor mistake

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:00 pm

My understanding is that 'Doctor' refers to the medical type, but stand to be corrected.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... sports.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Skrzyplocz
Newly Registered

Re: Received passport, but with a minor mistake

Post by Skrzyplocz » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:11 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:00 pm
My understanding is that 'Doctor' refers to the medical type, but stand to be corrected.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... sports.pdf
I don't think that's true. This document states that it's for "Medical and other doctorates".

Either way, I was not asked to submit any proof for my title with the application, and so they would not know which kind of doctor I am anyway. Person who countersigned my photo did say Dr before my name though.