ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Difference Between 50K and 200K Investment

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hein123
Newly Registered
South Africa

Difference Between 50K and 200K Investment

Post by hein123 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:44 pm

Due to it being rather difficult find a Tier 2 work visa sponsor, I would like to go the Tier 1 Entrepreneur route.
I have a couple of questions which I could not find on the forum.

Mainly what’s the difference between the two? I might make the 50K initial deposit, but does it have to be from a Venture capital firm?
For the 200K, does it have to be in my account from day 1 and always available? Or could I just provide proof that I have access to it, for example some bank guarantee or investor guarantee?
And for tax, if I make say 250GBP per day, how does tax work? What business tax is there, etc, etc..

Any advice would be appreciated and I don’t mind paying for it if someone can point me in the right direction with a good immigration advisor / tax expert.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Difference Between 50K and 200K Investment

Post by zimba » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:05 pm

You need to really search the web before asking. There is enough info on the subject.

GOV.UK web: https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-entrepreneur
Tier 1E Offical guide: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... trepreneur
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice