ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing T2 General with Dependants

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jnhaffey
Newly Registered
United States of America

Changing T2 General with Dependants

Post by jnhaffey » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:39 pm

I am sticking this in the general section as I am not even sure which one to put it in.

I moved over here 2 years ago on a Tier 2 General visa. After two years, my boss and I could not see eye to eye on most things so they decided to (out of the blue) have me find other employment. I found new employment fairly quickly. After discussing with several solicitors and reading a lot of posts on here, my wife and I decided to only apply for a new Tier 2 Visa for myself and not re-apply for my daughters. From what everyone had told me, as long as I managed to get my new T2 Visa before our old visas had been changed to expire sooner, their visas would just continue on as if nothing had happened.

Issue is, today while at the Immigration Centre doing my visa appointment, I asked about this and was informed that this is NOT true and that I will be receiving a letter soon for their dependency visa as they will be adjusted to expire soon as they were linked to my visa with my previous company and they now need new visas that are linked to my new visa and this new company.

Can anyone who has been through this process tell me which of the two stories is right? If I need to do new visas for them I can do it via post which will be cheaper but its still £2200+ (visa + IHS) which is crazy considering their status really did not change.

gratefulhart
Nigeria

Re: Changing T2 General with Dependants

Post by gratefulhart » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:34 am

You don't have to apply for any of your dependants so far they still have valid visa when changing employment.

See the quote from the PBS dependant guidance Page 8, Paragraph 32: "32.If the main migrant changes employer or educational institution, and is therefore issued with a new certificate of sponsorship and applying for leave to remain to work or study under their new sponsor, dependants do not have to ...

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... n_2017.pdf

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:43 am

when is the expiry date of the dependents.
The advise is awfully wrong in my opinion. If anything, its too good to be true.

jnhaffey
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by jnhaffey » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:19 am

Sadly that is the confusing part. My original Tier2 has not expired nor has it been curtained (to my knowledge). I do not know the new one as my new visa was approved yesterday and I have not received my new residency card yet.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:21 am

jnhaffey wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:19 am
Sadly that is the confusing part. My original Tier2 has not expired nor has it been curtained (to my knowledge). I do not know the new one as my new visa was approved yesterday and I have not received my new residency card yet.
iworker was asking when your dependents visa expires not your new visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jnhaffey
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by jnhaffey » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:27 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:21 am
jnhaffey wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:19 am
iworker was asking when your dependents visa expires not your new visa.
I realize this and that is what I am saying, the original T2V and PBS all expired 14-9-2020. I have not received anything from UKIV stating otherwise (yet).

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:50 am

No need for dependent to also apply as the visa is still valid.

Your old visa would be cancelled automatically when your new visa was issued. This does not affe t the dependent as they are dependent on you and not the sponsor.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jnhaffey
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by jnhaffey » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:52 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:50 am
No need for dependent to also apply as the visa is still valid.

Your old visa would be cancelled automatically when your new visa was issued. This does not affe t the dependent as they are dependent on you and not the sponsor.
That is what I thought which is why I was confused yesterday when the agent at the immigration officer told me I had to re-apply for my dependents as well.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:38 pm

re-read your original post, ignore when i said its too good to be true.
IMO, he is wrong and you wont receive any such thing.
you should not re-apply for your dependents.

jnhaffey
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by jnhaffey » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:59 pm

Thank for the input everyone. I am just going to wait and see if anything happens. Fingers crossed nothing happens and we can just continue on with life. In the event that we do receive a letter from UKIV then I guess I will deal with it then.