ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Some questions on filling out Form EU 1

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

thegoatherder
Newly Registered

Some questions on filling out Form EU 1

Post by thegoatherder » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:17 pm

Hiya,

I have another running thread:

Code: Select all

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?p=137389#137389
but thought that it might be better to ask these questions in a separate thread. We will be filling out the EU 1 Form soon.

Can anyone who has successfully had an EU 1 Form accepted, please comment on the following questions:

1) What documentary evidence of your relationship did you include?
2) Under Section (D), "Date of Arrival in the State" - here should we put the date of her First arrival (when we met) or the date of the arrival just prior to filling out the form???
3) "Date of First Registration in Ireland": My wife will be arriving on Visitor's Visa Waiver, as recommended to me in the thread linked above - is she required to register under this circumstance? If so, how and where must we register, must it be done in person or can it be done by post?
4) "Have you previously resided in the state?" My wife has been granted two previous visitor's visa waivers and lived with me during one and a half of these. Must we include this here, or does it mean has she previously been granted residency status? In addition, I do not think we have any way to prove that she resided with me. There are no utility bills or bank statements in her name, by virtue of the fact that she was here under visitor status. In addition, the house we lived in was let under my name and I have since serisouly fallen out with the landlord over a debate regarding refund of my security deposit.
5) What "medical evidence" do we need to include? Is it a good idea to secure health insurance for my wife immediately?

Any other pointers you might have for the successful filing of my application would be much appreciated? For specific details on my background in this country, please refer to the link at the top of this posting.

Many thanks,
-- A.