ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for ILR as a Dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

drouch77
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Applying for ILR as a Dependent

Post by drouch77 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:12 pm

Hello,

My application for an ILR (from a Tier-2 Migrant) has last week been approved. My application for the ILR also included an application for a Dependent (my wife). Unfortunately, my wife's application was refused. We were told that my wife has not been my Dependent in the UK for 5 years. She is about 3 months short of the 5 years required. Hence, we are planning to submit another application for my wife in January 2018.

I'm struggling to determine which form to use for the application? Would it still be the same Set (O) form that we've used for the recent ILR application? But her application now would just be her application alone. Would the Set (O) form still be applicable?

Can I get some advice?

Cheers.

Drouch77

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying for ILR as a Dependent

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:33 pm

As a PBS dependent, she can only apply on Set(O). She is the main applicant then. Her 5 years residence starts from the date she entered the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

drouch77
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by drouch77 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:49 pm

Thank you very much for your help.

Cheers.

Drouch77

orthodoc
India

Post by orthodoc » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:14 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:33 pm
As a PBS dependent, she can only apply on Set(O). She is the main applicant then. Her 5 years residence starts from the date she entered the UK.
Or is it 5 years from the date the first PBS dependant visa was issued ( assuming that the date of visa stamping and date of entry is less than 3 months) minus 28 day?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:49 pm

orthodoc wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:14 pm
CR001 wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:33 pm
Or is it 5 years from the date the first PBS dependant visa was issued ( assuming that the date of visa stamping and date of entry is less than 3 months) minus 28 day?
No it is not from date of visa issue. That concession is ONLY applicable to PBS main visa holders. Dependents residence starts from date of ENTRY to the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

orthodoc
India

Post by orthodoc » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:01 pm

Thanks a lot for clarifying that, I was 72 hrs away from an appointment for my dependants. Based on your advice I have postponed it. Saved me 5 grand