ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delayed family permit decision

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jboy
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Delayed family permit decision

Post by Jboy » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:26 pm

Hi everyone,
Please, I'm in fix and in total frustration now. I applied and was granted the 5 years Resident Card which I received on the 20th of June and on the 19th of July,2017 I received a letter from the home office stating that due to a technical problem at the production stage of my Resident Card that my card was printed with the wrong Header and Footer and that I should return the card and a new card will be sent to me within 5 working days but if I had already booked to travel then I should travel and return the card after my trip but on the 29th of July the card was taken off me by an immigration officer at the Birmingham international airport and the border force officer made a photocopy and told me to travel but I have not been able to return to the UK as my card has still not been sent. I have had to apply for the EEA Family Permit and it's 15 working days I'm still waiting for my passport and documents back.
Please, any advice?

Alper1982
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Re: Delayed family permit decision

Post by Alper1982 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:35 pm

Hi, I would probably contact to my local MP, they have more power over HO than us.

TalitaZ

Post by TalitaZ » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:39 pm

Jboy wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:26 pm
Hi everyone,
Please, I'm in fix and in total frustration now. I applied and was granted the 5 years Resident Card which I received on the 20th of June and on the 19th of July,2017 I received a letter from the home office stating that due to a technical problem at the production stage of my Resident Card that my card was printed with the wrong Header and Footer and that I should return the card and a new card will be sent to me within 5 working days but if I had already booked to travel then I should travel and return the card after my trip but on the 29th of July the card was taken off me by an immigration officer at the Birmingham international airport and the border force officer made a photocopy and told me to travel but I have not been able to return to the UK as my card has still not been sent. I have had to apply for the EEA Family Permit and it's 15 working days I'm still waiting for my passport and documents back.
Please, any advice?
Hi - What country are you currently in and what is your Nationality? Is your spouse in the UK at the moment?

Jboy
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jboy » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:58 pm

I am currently in Hungary with my wife's parents and my wife and 2 daughters are in the UK. I'm originally from Nigeria. My wife and decided I apply for the EEA Family Permit to enable me return to the UK since my Resident Card which should have been sent to me within 5 working days from 29th of July,2017 hasn't been sent. I'm just frustrated now as I don't know what else to do.

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Post by Richard W » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:21 pm

Jboy wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:58 pm
I am currently in Hungary with my wife's parents and my wife and 2 daughters are in the UK. I'm originally from Nigeria.
The quickest way home would be for your wife to fetch you, carrying evidence of marriage and her working, and for the two of you to take the train home together. Your marriage certificate will be the most important document after your passports. You will get an EEA Regulations stamp at the Immigration check before the Eurostar train enters the Channel Tunnel. Would you be able to meet her in France or Belgium?

Get your passport back before you commit to the journey.

Jboy
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jboy » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:34 pm

Honestly, I never thought of it that I could go through France. Yes I can meet her up in Paris or Brussels because I have a permanent resident card from Hungary too which allows me to enter all the Schengen countries..m

Jboy
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jboy » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:34 pm

Honestly, I never thought of it that I could go through France. Yes I can meet her up in Paris or Brussels because I have a permanent resident card from Hungary too which allows me to enter all the Schengen countries..m