ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent query for Surrender of Passport and How many self addressed special delivery envelopes require ?

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

susheel

Urgent query for Surrender of Passport and How many self addressed special delivery envelopes require ?

Post by susheel » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:54 pm

Hi,

Tomorrow I have an appointment at Hunslow office for surrender of Indian Passport for a family of 4 (me, Spouse and 2 Kids). I have booked 4 time slots for that. I will go there alone with authorized letter from my wife.

My query as below :-

I have purchased the 4 number of Envelopes (self addressed and postage paid for Royal Mail Special Delivery Silver color Envelopes).

But today evening I have called their at call center of VFS for confirming the documents. They are saying I have to buy 8 envelop (2 for each) for surrender of passport over there only. But she was not sure for surrender of passport how many envelop would require for each candidates.

Can anybody confirm me does 4 number Pre paid self address Royal mail Spl. delivery envelop would enough for a family of 4 or should I buy 8 envelop from there only ?

Please guide me what should I do.

Thanks

Susheel

unikaman
BANNED
United Kingdom

Re: Urgent query for Surrender of Passport and How many self addressed special delivery envelopes require ?

Post by unikaman » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:14 pm

You need only 4 envelopes - 1 for each application. This is for your surrender certificate and the cancelled passport to be returned.

I guess the information you got from VFS helpline was for OCI - OCI requires 2 prepaid envelopes per application. Don't worry! For surrender passport application, you will be fine with 4 envelopes for your family.

Hope this helps.

For more information on the process, check out my in-depth guide that I documented when I obtained my certificate a month ago.

weblink removed by moderator

Thanks
Aman

Jacob123

Re: Urgent query for Surrender of Passport and How many self addressed special delivery envelopes require ?

Post by Jacob123 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:49 pm

susheel wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:54 pm
Can anybody confirm me does 4 number Pre paid self address Royal mail Spl. delivery envelop would enough for a family of 4 or should I buy 8 envelop from there only ?

Please guide me what should I do.

Thanks

Susheel
Hi Susheel,

Please let me know if you needed 1 envelope per application or 2 for the passport surrender. Also what was the size (was it A4).

Good luck for your OCI.

Cheers,
Jacob