ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

need help to understand what visa category my wife should Apply (as of now she is in Tier 2 dependent visa)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hemanthjagadish
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

need help to understand what visa category my wife should Apply (as of now she is in Tier 2 dependent visa)

Post by hemanthjagadish » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:33 pm

Hello All

I got married on 09/12/2016 in India at that point of time, i was in Tier 2 dependent visa based on that I applied for tier 2 dependent visa for my wife. my Tier 2 dependent visa was expiring on 25/01/2018 based on this she got her tier 2 dependent visa till 25/01/2018.

now I have got my ILR visa which is valid till 31/12/2024. i am confused which visa category I should make application for my wife?

is it FLR (M) or Tier 2 dependent only?

Please help

If any more information required please let me know

Regards
Hemanth
email address removed by moderator

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: need help to understand what visa category my wife should Apply (as of now she is in Tier 2 dependent visa)

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:01 pm

On what basis did you obtain ILR, 5 years Tier 2 or 10 years long residence?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hemanthjagadish
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: need help to understand what visa category my wife should Apply (as of now she is in Tier 2 dependent visa)

Post by hemanthjagadish » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:16 pm

5 years Tier 2

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:19 pm

She can continue to extend her PBS dependent visa until she meets the 5 years residence requirement for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.